Incubating Emu Eggs at 99.5 F

VirulentVulpine

Songster
Aug 4, 2019
Yesterday I purchased some emu eggs and set them in my incubator at 97 F. Today I replaced the thermometer in my incubator and it’s reading 99.5 F. I bought another one just to make sure, and it’s definitely 99.5 F.

If I lower the temperatures now by such a large amount, will it kill the egg? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the risk lowering the temps.

You are definitely going to want to lower them. 99.5 is too high for emu eggs. It actually might be in the dangerous zone for killing them. There's a range that they're okay to incubate at, but the safest range is 96.5 to 97.5. Higher than that is getting risky.

You are definitely going to want to lower them. 99.5 is too high for emu eggs. It actually might be in the dangerous zone for killing them. There's a range that they're okay to incubate at, but the safest range is 96.5 to 97.5. Higher than that is getting risky.
Thank you so much. I just moved them into a different bator set at 97.5, it’s on the high end but I figured it’s better to avoid having a massive temperature fluctuation.

Back
Top Bottom