Incubating emu eggs in a 1502 Sportsman

NicoleRM

Songster
13 Years
Dec 2, 2007
Williston, FL
Does anyone use a 1502 sportsman to incubate their emu eggs? I just got one and I know I need to get the large egg setting trays but how many will fit? Do I just replace all three trays or does that not leave enough room between them, requiring only two? The capacity specs on the GQF website seem to indicate that only two trays will fit but it is a little ambiguous.

I use the trays that came with mine, just got the dividers/positioners...works fine at about 1/2 the price.
However, I did buy my bator MANY years ago and it was " souped up" to handle ostrich and emu, heavier springs etc. so call GQF and make sure the dividers will work fine with your particular model. ( you may have the one that only has the setting racks. )
http://www.gqfmfg.com/cabinet-accessories/3059-large-egg-positioners/
( item 3059 in case that link doesn't work , just input emu at gqf and you'll see your choices. )

I heard back from GQF and they advised me that on the 1502 model the center tray has to be removed to accommodate the larger setting trays, so only two will fit. This is due to the closer spacing of the trays on this model to make room for the hatching tray below.

Back
Top Bottom