Incubating in GQF sportsman 1502

AB03Sam

Songster
5 Years
Dec 30, 2018
Alberta, Canada
I’m planning on incubating Emu eggs in a gqf sportsman 1502 incubator. Does anyone have any tips. This is my first time with emu eggs. Thanks in advance.

Just saw this tag. I can give general advice, but can't help about incubating in a Sportsman, because mine is stuck in shipping limbo and still hasn't arrived.

Just saw this tag. I can give general advice, but can't help about incubating in a Sportsman, because mine is stuck in shipping limbo and still hasn't arrived.
Ok. Thanks. I was told that the eggs need to be hand turned so I’m doing that and not using the egg turner. Do you think that’s ok? I also opened up all the vents because I read they need lots of air flow.

Ok. Thanks. I was told that the eggs need to be hand turned so I’m doing that and not using the egg turner. Do you think that’s ok? I also opened up all the vents because I read they need lots of air flow.

Lots of air flow is definitely important. You can use the turner, but I would also hand turn the eggs 180 degrees at least once or twice a day too.

As far as the vents are concerned, they are used to regulate the fresh air intake and to control the humidity to a degree. The fan(s) in your case, I believe the 1502 series has two fans...they generate plenty of 'air flow'.
If hatching large eggs, like goose or in your case Emu eggs, those in the center of the middle tray don't get as much flow as those in the top or bottom trays in a fully loaded incubator but I haven't noticed any detrimental effects on the developing embryos.

I installed a humidifier on my Sportsmans 1200 series, ( I have 3) along with a regulator, keeps the humidity stable at whatever % Rh, I need to incubate whatever kind of eggs I incubate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom