Incubating Mini Appleyard Eggs day 29 no pipping.. :(

Quackmeister

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2016
Florissant, MO
I had 2 left right before lockdown and they were moving when I candled them, but now it is day 29 and they have not pipped so I went ahead and candled them this morning because I wanted to see what is going on and they are no longer moving and they haven't appeared to internally pip yet either.

-Should I be worried?

-Do they take less time to incubate than other breeds like Call eggs do?

-Or do they take longer?

This is my first time Incubating eggs and was really looking forward to hatch week, I love this breed and really want a couple of them, they are so difficult to find without paying a fortune for them(Only places I found them for sale was a minimum purchase of 10 and was over $200) so I decided to buy some eggs to hatch. I pay super close attention to detail so this seemed like it would be something I could do without any major issues, but now I can't help but think it is a lost cause and that something went wrong. Humidity was consistent the entire time, raised it to 75-80% when lockdown started, temp fluctuated throughout the month (which drove me insane..but there was nothing else I could do that I already didn't do) but never went below 98 and very rarely went any higher than 102, on average it was at 100.

I really hope someone out there can shed some light on this breed in particular when it comes to hatching, I can't find anything anywhere online about hatching mini appleyards

what kind of incubator
forced or still air
what was your humidity for 1-25
did you mist or sponge
the temp fluctuation may be causing a delay
shipped eggs?

they are 28 day eggs

they looked fine to me, right before lockdown they looked like they should on day 24, now the aircells are bigger since I bumped up the humidity and 5 days has passed. Right now, the Air cells are 1/4, maybe 1/3 of the egg at most

i would wait another day and recandle, like i said the temp fluctuation may have delayed them

unfortunately its hard to know

thanks, and is it common for them to not move at all right before hatching or are they supposed to be moving around?
there are a lot of things that could be going on
they could have been taking a rest or it could have passed
unfortunately it is really hard to say

Unfortunately they did not pull through
hmm.png

Hopefully I have better luck next time

Back
Top Bottom