Incubating Newbie with questions?

bmspack

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 3, 2009
Drums, PA
Hello,
I put the eggs in the incubator and had bad luck.

First, tried 6 leghorns from ebay. After 11 days I cnadled and found out 4 were not fertile. The other two were fine and looked pretty in the shell.
At day 18 I took them out of the turner and put inside incubator. On day 20 one started poking through the egg. On day 21 I checked it again and it was dead. It looked like it suffocated in the shell. On day 22 I checked the other egg and chick was also dead. I opened the shell and found the chick dead. It never made it through to the air sack. What are the posible causes of this? Temp was at a constant 100 degrees in the Hovabator 1602N. Humidity I am not sure on. I followed the instructions with the incubator.

Second, I got 16 guinea fowl eggs and placed in the incubator. After 21 days I removed from the egg turner. On day 24 I had three eggs hatch and I thought it was going to be fine. ON day 25 I had seven more hatch. On day 28 I checked the remaining eggs and the chicks were all dead. Why did this happen? The temperature was constant the entire time. Did the humidity drop at the end? The instructions with the incubator just state to fill the trays with water three days prior to the expected hatch date. The chicks were full grown that didnt hatch except for one. None busted through the air sack to even get to the outer shell. Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I have 40 pheasant eggs in the incuabtor and hope to hatch some. What should I try diffferent?

Go to the top of this forum.There is a Sticky..."Read me's on incubating".Lots of good information.Good luck,take care.

Back
Top Bottom