Incubating peafowl eggs thread

Silly question, but are you sure they were fertile. My peahen also laid for the first time this year, but we never saw her "with" the male and every egg she laid was not fertile. I'm not sure, but I don't think they were old enough - the peacocks , that is. I have incubated peafowl eggs before (that's where I got all my guys, except for one) so I know that my incubator works well. I posted a link to an article on this in a previous post. I'll find it and send to you.

tarheelblue thank you,no im not sure,we are really trying to learn the candeling process,so im taking it that so far none were fertile in the peacocks ,but the duck n ckn eggs were when we broke them open,but for some reason did not hatch....this has been sooo frustrating.....thanks for the info link

Ok I need all the help I can get.....My peacocks matured n laid fir the 1st time this yr.I was thrilled they laid 5 eggs,i took them days they were laid n put in a egg carton on its side n alternated cartons sides 2xs a day for 2 days then placed in incubator temp 99.5 n humidity 55%,the 3 days before hatch due placed them on sides in my genesis incubator temp 99.5 n humidity 70% well complete FAILURE!so depressed!.
So my real help is I just ordered 3 peacock fertile eggs on ebay,so what do I need to do when they arrive?what temp n humidity does eggs need to be,then when do I stop turning ,whats incubation temp n humidty for the whole process of incubating?I dont want to be another complete FAILURE when I now have cost involved on eggs.
I have tried ckn ,duck,turkey n peacock eggs the last mth.half n only had 2 geese hatch,soooo I'm getting FRUSTRATED!
Help me someone it cant be this difficult....can it?
I thought that eggs should be stored pointy end down.

-Kathy

Last edited:
tarheelblue thank you,no im not sure,we are really trying to learn the candeling process,so im taking it that so far none were fertile in the peacocks ,but the duck n ckn eggs were when we broke them open,but for some reason did not hatch....this has been sooo frustrating.....thanks for the info link
What are you candling with? I used to use a flashlight, but now have a candler made by Brinsea and one can see the veining in very easily, very early with it.

-Kathy

Casportpony we r using a led flashlight to candle in a dark closet,we just havent learned how to tell 100%fertile or not..we have seen ckn,geese,in eggs forming but then none hatch except our 2 only geese babies.....hmmmm...just dont understand,i c people saying the see heart beating n movement we saw none except when the 2 ,geese as they started hatching

Casportpony we r using a led flashlight to candle in a dark closet,we just havent learned how to tell 100%fertile or not..we have seen ckn,geese,in eggs forming but then none hatch except our 2 only geese babies.....hmmmm...just dont understand,i c people saying the see heart beating n movement we saw none except when the 2 ,geese as they started hatching
With the Brinsea, I can see movement very early, like day 7 on pea eggs.... no way I could have seen that with a flashlight. FWIW, I am a complete pea egg novice, but can tell which ones are fertile/viable on day 5 with it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom