Incubating peafowl eggs thread

Seen one jump today

Hold it up to your ear and talk to it, mine will usually answer me around day 25 -27. If they do, it means they have made the internal pip into the air cell and they should make the first pip of the shell soon. At this time it is important to raise the humidity as high as possible, I like mine around 90% for the last 3 days only. This will keep membranes from drying out and sticking to the chicks, sticky membranes can prevent them from hatching.

I just checked the air cell couldn't see any movement. But I picked one up candle it. It. Felt like it hit the shell. My wife always wanted peafowl but we want to raise them from start so they will be friendly. All the eggs look like the grew to the max so to speak. Just really wanted them to hatch.

I just checked the air cell couldn't see any movement. But I picked one up candle it. It. Felt like it hit the shell. My wife always wanted peafowl but we want to raise them from start so they will be friendly. All the eggs look like the grew to the max so to speak. Just really wanted them to hatch.

Hold the wide end up really close to your ear and listen for a bit sometimes you can hear them tapping at the shell. Some will chirp back when you talk to them some remain very quiet. If you do not have any chicks by the 32nd day, you probably will not, I have seen stories where it did take 32 days, but those are rare and never longer than that. Raise them by hand and imprint them

and they sometimes think they are puppies not Peafowl.
gig.gif

It's day 27 and of the four eggs due tomorrow I have two that pipped externally yesterday and one that's pipped internally this morning! The 4th egg looks like it might need a day or two more, so we'll see about it.

-Kathy

Thank you all. I guess if they don't hatch I have to find more to buy.

If you need them ask, there are several of us on here who regularly ship eggs. Just do a little research and understand the risks involved in shipping eggs. Good luck, I do hope they hatch for you.
fl.gif

If they don't hatch I will ask on here for some. I leaving to go on vac for a week next week. I mite get some then. Ty all y'all have been awesome. I been on this site before on other forums and wasn't impressed. But the peafowl people are great. Thank you all. I will let you all know what happens

The two hatched probably just minutes after my last post. For those that are curious about percentage of weight loss, these two lost no less than 16% from weight when set.

-Kathy

Keep in mind Pied Peafowl do not breed true. So even if both parents are silver pied you still end up with a mix of chicks, most likely 25% white, 25% dark or blue pied, and 50% silver pied. Just so you are aware. When I incubate I set temp at 99.6, humidity at 50-60% for the first 24 days and 90% for the last 3 days during pipping and hatching to keep membranes from drying out and getting sticky, eggs are turned at least 3x daily, no misting needed. Mine hatch in 27 days, on day 24 I move them to a separate hatcher with a much higher 90% humidity. Your local climate can affect what humidity works best for you individually. Hope this helps. :D
thank you so much :lol:

Back
Top Bottom