Incubating peafowl eggs thread

Thanks Hannah. I'm having a hard time with mine right now. It seems to be almost 2º off on temperature, I keep adding thermometers, trying to come to a consensus that I trust. Its empty and without the dividers, don't know how much a difference that makes.
I checked mine before I used it, and I THINK it was about half a degree high as well. I couldn't get any thermometers to agree either though, and ultimately decided that half a degree was close enough. I read somewhere that medical thermometers are supposed to be more accurate, but I don't know if that is true.

The guy that sold me my incubators said that I needed to get a mercury thermometer, he said I could get one on eBay. He said those were the only ones that he trusts and he has been raising and selling fowl for 30 years.

Hi there. Never hatched peafowl before and I have my 5 eggs from the BYC Auction. I have a cabinet incubator I am using. It has shelves that turn side to side. What is the best placement of the peafowl eggs?

I read someone incubates them on their sides...or should I just put them large side up?

I have trays to use for them...but they are a flat tray with dividers...So, I would need to make something to stabilize them.

Any ideas would be helpful as they are to set today.

Thank you~
Peafowl newbie

I incubate mine on there side and also turn them by hand once a day even with auto turner in my cabinet incubator a lot of people just stand there's in hatching trays with good luck my hatch rate seemed to increase a little on there side I have tried both ways.

Has anyone tried DRY Incubation (no humidity) the First few weeks of incubation with Peafowl eggs.

If so, could you tell me about when and how much humidy was added.

I have tried it for chicken eggs and it worked very well for chicken eggs.

My incubator is a Brinsea 20 Octo Econ. circulated air manual turn.

thanks for your help in advance

Has anyone tried DRY Incubation (no humidity) the First few weeks of incubation with Peafowl eggs.

If so, could you tell me about when and how much humidy was added.

I have tried it for chicken eggs and it worked very well for chicken eggs.

My incubator is a Brinsea 20 Octo Econ. circulated air manual turn.

thanks for your help in advance
I have tried it for emu eggs, or actually its the only way to do it with emu eggs, But with peafowl eggs you need the humidity set between 45-55% for the first weeks, so you should check it first, i heard of some breeders that don't add water in their incubator in the first weeks because their room humidity is already around 50%.

Way too dry here to run mine

-Kathy

What humidity % do you run your bator for peas, with this new bator I am hatching guineas like mad! But..I met mandyok yesterday and got 11 fresh pea eggs. I put them in my GQF Cabinet incubator. I have a special tray for them, and I turn them by hand once a day. The humidity is 55%. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom