Incubating peafowl eggs thread

Quote:
I like the Dickey incubator way better to incubate eggs then the Sportsman (they do make good hatchers) my best hatch was when I swapped my Sportsman GQF for the Dickey. Steve

ya i looked them upwhen you posted that you use them an you always have giving us great advise i will show debbie them today she will prob by a cabinet hachter next winter for next springs hatch thanks for the in put they did look real nice

I have two Brensia incubators 190 series and I have found them to be on the spot for both humidity and temp. I have had an excellent sucess rate with chickens, pheasants and quail. I just got my self two sets of Indian blues and a nice breading trio of all white peacocks. I have never incubated peacocks before and I too would like to know is it better to lay the eggs on thier side or up and down like you do with chickens?

Quote:
The chicken turner will be to small, you might get the best results turning them by hand and not using the egg turner

is that what most do with there peafowl eggs how often do they need to be turned 3x a day?

Yeah last year I turned 3 times...This year I will go for 5. Turning 5 times just sounds better and I really want to hatch something! One website said peahens normally start laying in April...Last year my peahen laid on May 9th so hopefully this year it will be April. I keep looking for eggs but my peacock just is too lazy to strut right now. He mainly wants to chill in the shade.

wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
i just got an email from someone selling a sportsman 1202 for 200 needs a motor for the auto egg turner so for 250 little blue will have a cabinet bator to hatch here peachicks an chickens.cody was down fanning his girls yesterday so hopefully soon the eggs will be coming
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom