Incubating peafowl eggs thread

Good I hope the incubator will give you lots of peachicks!
smile.png

Well I called the lady that has the Peafowl eggs and she said she was just going to give them to me!!!
ep.gif
th.gif
bow.gif

She said she has 4 peahens and 2 peacocks. The boys are White and "normal colored", I'm asuming India Blue?
hu.gif
smile.png
And I don't know what the color the peahens are, but she said she'd call me when she got the first egg. I'm sooooo excited!!
celebrate.gif

We have 3 cabinet incubators and 2 hatchers and the most that I ever payed for one was $175.00 and that was for the Dickey all 3 have turners that work I paided $150.00 for the GQF and $100.00 for the Leahy, We go to auctions and find them pretty cheap sometimes.

Steve

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I know!!!

I don't know...$30 dollars????
hu.gif

$10.00 to $25.00 ea

I have some Bronze Peafowl Eggs that I will sell for $8.00 ea plus shipping, In order for them to be fresh I could do about 3 eggs at a time.

Steve​

Quote:
I know!!!

hu.gif

$10.00 to $25.00 ea

I have some Bronze Peafowl Eggs that I will sell for $8.00 ea plus shipping, In order for them to be fresh I could do about 3 eggs at a time.

Steve

Huh, that's cheaper than I thought!!
lol.png

Quote:
i need to move to the south up here we have no poultry auctions we put up alot of adds on craigslist astuff like that we had 2 people try to sell us them for 700 hahahaha i told them a new one is 500-600 hahahaha i will start looking for auctions around here i think they do one at uconn once a year.

I incubated 54 peacock eggs last year,,hatched out 40 of them. 7 of the 14 that didn't hatch were clear when broken open. I won several auctions off e-bay from Park Hollow Exotics in Iowa,,,I always tried to locate eggs withing 300 miles or less from me. I have a Brinsea 190 EX,,have it set on 99.6 degrees,,turner is set for every 180 minutes,humidity is on 45% the entire time,and eggs are placed pointy side down. I stop turning them 2 days before hatch and move the entire tray to the botom shelf.
I have found if the peachick does pip the egg,and takes longer than 24 hours to emerge,,it will have splayed legs or crooked toes,or both,maybe it's just my luck,but every single peachick that took longer needed taped toes and tied legs for 2-3 days,then they were fine.

Quote:
I know!!!

hu.gif

$10.00 to $25.00 ea

Steve

I would be more than happy to take 3 of those bronze eggs
smile.png
Let me know if you have them available. Bronze is one of my favorites, and I would like to add a couple more to my pens.

Back
Top Bottom