Incubating quail eggs

4Hmomma08

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2015
I got a mini egg bator incubator online and it holds 8 quail eggs I did the exact Instuctions and even left them in there a couple extra days.. And nothing has anyone used this and experienced this issue or could It be my eggs? Thank you in advance

Lots of things effect hatch rates. If your temps or humidity was off, even a bit, eggs won't hatch. If your eggs weren't stored correctly before setting or they were set wrong, they won't hatch. If they were from poor stock, infertile, or from stock that was not healthy, they won't hatch. If you didn't lock down properly, they won't hatch. Even the place you incubate them can effect hatch rates. Shipped eggs can have low hatch rates.

So it is hard to say why they didn't hatch.

What temp and humidity setting did you use? Was this a forced or still air incubator?

Where did you get these eggs? How were they stored before setting?

Temp and humidity at lock down and did you open all your vents?

Anything else you can tell us about your situation?

i have Japanese quail. Corturnix) and the incubator I used doesn't have humidity guage also my quail laid the eggs I gathered 8 1per day kept them at room temp and had the incubator at 100 like it said to do

Since it doesn't have a humidity gauge, you might get a small one you can put inside the incubator. Humidity is very important all through out the cycle so as to allow them to maintain and grow a good weight and at lock down it must be quite high so they don't stick to the inside of the shell and die.

So invest in a good gauge. Humidity during incubation should be between 45% and 55% and at lock down, 65% to 70%.

I also use an extra temp gauge in my incubator as well. I never trust just one gauge. With forced air, try for 99.5 to 99.7 degrees Fahrenheit.

After collecting eggs, let them set on the kitchen counter, 50 to 60 degrees F, large end up for a few days before setting. Give them a twist a couple times a day to keep the yolk from sticking to any side. Always set eggs in a pre-warmed incubator, all systems running for 12 to 24 hours before setting.

If you don't have an egg turner in this machine, the eggs need to be turned at least 3 times a day, 180 degrees or less, side to side. Never turn 360 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom