INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are great ideas, I think maybe we can do the DIY one I do have hardware cloth so that's a real possibility. Ok so another question. I'm a complete coward so I don't like putting zip ties on them ~ what's another non invasive tagging method because I won't hole punch and I don't know I was thinking nail polish lol but that's probably not good right?
LEG BANDS ideas for ID chicks: post #5609
Chickencanoes chick/chicken Identification practices post #25833

Those are great ideas, I think maybe we can do the DIY one I do have hardware cloth so that's a real possibility. Ok so another question. I'm a complete coward so I don't like putting zip ties on them ~ what's another non invasive tagging method because I won't hole punch and I don't know I was thinking nail polish lol but that's probably not good right?
Zip ties are fine; you just have to monitor leg growth so they don't get tight, & they can be cut off w/o harming the legs when it's time to put larger ones on.

Cereal is the worst food you csn eat!
Unfortunately, working sixty to sixty five hours during the week, a lot of my food is not good for me. I don't like to eat for a couple of hours in the morning especially when I start at 5:15, and dry cereal is easy on the days when fruit and yogurt don't appeal. I wish I could cook and have nice meals, but I would have to be a wife or hire the equivalent if I could afford it for that to happen.

I winder if the marking chalk we use on cows and horses would work?

Quote: So you have at least one viable option...where's the problem?
gig.gif

I haven't posted in this thread today, its day 21 of my very first set of eggs! Well, my second :( on day 9-10 of my first the power went out for over 24 hours.

I think I messed up, the humidity is low. Can I add water now?

[COLOR=008080]LEG BANDS ideas for ID chicks:[/COLOR] post #5609
[COLOR=008080]Chickencanoes chick/chicken Identification practices[/COLOR] post #25833
Just bought some of the tiny bands thanks- I was not aware they had them that small, do you think they are small enough for day olds? I will certainly find out but I'm curious. I get nervous cutting the bands off, I use nail clippers and still think they'll break their legs I'm not very strong and it freaks me out. I thought about painting the boys heads but what I really need are boy, special breed, and pullets so I got pink and blue and then the keepers are I banded for me to keep like a bird hoarder. I have 2 I'm keeping for sure from this last hatch and they'll be the first in bands when they show up cause I swear It makes me nuts not knowing which is which lol. I like us to handle the keepers lots and not have them bought up hehe. I'm excited for the weed ends Olive egger hatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom