INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, I had a lot of malpos in my hatches in the R-Com, but nothing EVER smelled bad, even holding to day 24 or so. So I'd start by addressing the bacterial thing first. I use distilled water (partly for the cleanliness, partly because our water is so hard it would damage the incubator), but if you don't have access to that, maybe boil it first? And maybe a super duper cleaning?

Quote:
8 months???!!!! Your boys must be on doggie downers - mine are rarin' to go at about 12-14 weeks. (Do you mean Biels - do they mature that slow?)

Hello all!!

Bad news, we got a complaint about roosters, so they all have to go.
hit.gif

But, the good news is that the 4H club has sued the city trying to change the No Roosters allowed statute. If they win, it should allow me to keep 1 or 2 roosters. For now though, I have to get rid of all of them that are crowing.

I do have to admit that with all the babies that are STARTING to crow, it's a regular concert back there.

Anyone in southern CA that wants roosters? Silkies, BCM, SF, bantam EE, Spitzhauben? Most are still too small to eat.....
I live in fear of this - I'm allowed roosters, and I've put up with my fair share of night-barking dogs form neighbors, so it wouldn't be fair, and my neighbors like my chickens... but I still worry... I have a grow out pen of boys who are turning into a little kazoo chorus, too. I don't really get to grow out my boys for a long time before needing to choose who I keep...

OK, gotta go do chicken chores. It's been a LOOOOONG day. Started with an early meeting, solid meetings all day, more tiring than a day of physical labor. I think I'm going to finish my chores, and then get into bed early after the chickens are up for the night...

- Ant Farm

I've been gone forever, too... but nobody asks about me. I wouldn't have been able to answer anyway, since I wasn't here to see the question. For what it's worth, I'm still alive... and busy like crazy. I thought I would have been done with the new coop by now, but there's always something else that I think it needs. My wife isn't helping any, either. She insisted we needed two more windows, and the deck needed to be bigger so she can put her lawn chairs on it and watch the chickens. What's a chicken condo without an observation deck, right??? So my time has been diverted to building a deck. I thought I had the materials list worked out, but failed to factor in enough 2x6's for the steps. I also misjudged the number of steps it would take. I got 4-step stringers, when I needed 5 steps. Never was very good at algebra... DOH!!! Back to Lowe's I go... The deck will be 6' x 6' for the front half, and widen up to 8' 8" for the second half. This wider area is the landing where the steps meet the deck.This is all I've accomplished so far...
Looking good Sir Ur.

Well I'm glad we got that cleared up then and that there weren't any misunderstandings.
LOL!
I've been gone forever, too... but nobody asks about me. I wouldn't have been able to answer anyway, since I wasn't here to see the question. For what it's worth, I'm still alive... and busy like crazy. I thought I would have been done with the new coop by now, but there's always something else that I think it needs. My wife isn't helping any, either. She insisted we needed two more windows, and the deck needed to be bigger so she can put her lawn chairs on it and watch the chickens. What's a chicken condo without an observation deck, right??? So my time has been diverted to building a deck. I thought I had the materials list worked out, but failed to factor in enough 2x6's for the steps. I also misjudged the number of steps it would take. I got 4-step stringers, when I needed 5 steps. Never was very good at algebra... DOH!!! Back to Lowe's I go... The deck will be 6' x 6' for the front half, and widen up to 8' 8" for the second half. This wider area is the landing where the steps meet the deck.This is all I've accomplished so far...
Would you believe that just this morning I was actually upset because I have not seen you in a very long time? I was going to ask about you, but it's no secret that I think you're hot. I didn't want people getting the wrong idea of why I was asking about you. ;)
I'd rather been with her than doing what I was doing
Well, gee! Nice to know I rank above whatever you were doing! :hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom