INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's down to 91F outside - I'm off to scoop chicken poop now (try not to be jealous, everyone...)
lol.png

- Ant Farm
Oooh I'm jealous!
lau.gif

Aaaah I lost all my quotes! And I'm not going back to find them. Oh, well.

So, I just calibrated my thermometer today (I know I'm bad for not doing it before, but I keep forgetting and don't always have time.) This is day 11 for my eggs.
hide.gif
But, anyways, I did calibrate, and I'm wondering if I did this right. I put the thermometer (mercury) in ice water, and it read higher than 32 degrees, so I held it against a piece of ice in the water and it read 32. So, it's accurate, right? I didn't do anything wrong (other than wait till now to calibrate)? I have read something on here about calibrating, but the internet wasn't working earlier so I couldn't check.

Oooh I'm jealous!
lau.gif

Aaaah I lost all my quotes! And I'm not going back to find them. Oh, well.

So, I just calibrated my thermometer today (I know I'm bad for not doing it before, but I keep forgetting and don't always have time.) This is day 11 for my eggs.
hide.gif
But, anyways, I did calibrate, and I'm wondering if I did this right. I put the thermometer (mercury) in ice water, and it read higher than 32 degrees, so I held it against a piece of ice in the water and it read 32. So, it's accurate, right? I didn't do anything wrong (other than wait till now to calibrate)? I have read something on here about calibrating, but the internet wasn't working earlier so I couldn't check.

Fill the glass with ice. Completely full. Then add the water, and wait a few minutes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom