INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Not sure how old to eat bantam roosters. For LF usually try to do them around the 16-20 week range so they are still tender but have good size to them.

Probably the same age. They're only going to get so big no matter how old they get.
If a raccoon can find meat on them, so should we.
I get it. Can you turn it in place?

Bout the size of quail and dove, people eat them all the time.
Ok, thanks everyone! They are only 11 weeks old. So, 5 more weeks? I don't think they will make it that long. Since I can't have ANY roosters, if they get to the volume level of an adult, they will have to go.

Can I ask everyone - I have a white silkie roo that doesn't crow, but he also doesn't mate with the hens. I also have a Salmon Favorelle roo that is 5 months old, and he doesn't crow. But he's showing signs of being a typical roo. I haven't seen him mate anyone, but he chases them around. The Maran roo that was it's hatch mate is the loudest roo in my yard (currently living in my basement). Are there roos that never crow?

Ok, thanks everyone!  They are only 11 weeks old.  So, 5 more weeks?  I don't think they will make it that long.  Since I can't have ANY roosters, if they get to the volume level of an adult, they will have to go.

Can I ask everyone - I have a white silkie roo that doesn't crow, but he also doesn't mate with the hens.  I also have a Salmon Favorelle roo that is 5 months old, and he doesn't crow.  But he's showing signs of being a typical roo.  I haven't seen him mate anyone, but he chases them around.  The Maran roo that was it's hatch mate is the loudest roo in my yard (currently living in my basement).  Are there roos that never crow?
never heard of one

Hmmm a duck is a bird lol, it was on tsc's site I haven't gone to the store yet to see it

You are going to make me go outside, and take a picture, aren't you? Okay!
Ok, thanks everyone!  They are only 11 weeks old.  So, 5 more weeks?  I don't think they will make it that long.  Since I can't have ANY roosters, if they get to the volume level of an adult, they will have to go.

Can I ask everyone - I have a white silkie roo that doesn't crow, but he also doesn't mate with the hens.  I also have a Salmon Favorelle roo that is 5 months old, and he doesn't crow.  But he's showing signs of being a typical roo.  I haven't seen him mate anyone, but he chases them around.  The Maran roo that was it's hatch mate is the loudest roo in my yard (currently living in my basement).  Are there roos that never crow?

I had a rooster they did not criw until he was a full year old.

It's just for containment, and folded over so I can step over it with my short legs
smile.png
they'd be in at night
So, you can just cut it in half lengthwise and have twice as much. Then you can step over.

BTW, I feel your pain on the short legs.
I had an uncle Russell that was very short. When I was young, my mom and her sisters would get together. I occasionally overheard their conversations. My aunt said, "My Russell is a tall man, he just has short legs." Her sisters couldn't stop laughing.
Well, aren't you feisty today?!
Not just today.
Sometimes it goes unnoticed.
Thanks for noticing.

Ok, thanks everyone! They are only 11 weeks old. So, 5 more weeks? I don't think they will make it that long. Since I can't have ANY roosters, if they get to the volume level of an adult, they will have to go.

Can I ask everyone - I have a white silkie roo that doesn't crow, but he also doesn't mate with the hens. I also have a Salmon Favorelle roo that is 5 months old, and he doesn't crow. But he's showing signs of being a typical roo. I haven't seen him mate anyone, but he chases them around. The Maran roo that was it's hatch mate is the loudest roo in my yard (currently living in my basement). Are there roos that never crow?

Albeit rare, anything is possible.
If they are at the bottom of the totem pole, they likely won't crow or mate till the more dominant roosters are gone.
Have you opened an egg to look for fertility?
Just cause you haven't seen them catch a hen, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Last edited:
You are going to make me go outside, and take a picture, aren't you? Okay!
I had a rooster they did not criw until he was a full year old.

I am planning on going later today lol

So, you can just cut it in half lengthwise and have twice as much. Then you can step over.

Not just today.
Sometimes it goes unnoticed.
Thanks for noticing.

Albeit rare, anything is possible.
If they are at the bottom of the totem pole, they likely won't crow or mate till the more dominant roosters are gone.
Have you opened an egg to look for fertility?
Just cause you haven't seen them catch a hen, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
yep them if have 200' but I was thinking it might be a little sturdier if I fold it over, and stake it, just pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom