INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking and thought I should elaborate a little about fluids...

@ChickenCanoe asked:
Quote: Which was in response to my post about giving 200 ml of fluids under the skin to a sick peahen who weighs 3.7 kg (8.14 pounds). That 200 ml is only 5.4% of her weight, which happens to be the amount most mature non laying hens drink in a day, so while it might seem like a lot, it was really just her daily maintenance dose, which made me remember the time my vet had me give fluids to an egg bound peahen... for that she suggested 200 ml under the skin *twice* a day, and I'm gonna guess that's because the fluid requirements of laying hens are more than twice that of non-laying hens.

Any of you watch Dr K? If so, did you see the last episode where they gave a 15 gram Sugar Glider 2 ml of fluids? Anyway, just something to think about the next time you read about someone trying to keep their bird or mammal hydrated using an eye dropper.

-Kathy

Thank you all for your advice our rosecomb died in the night
So sorry.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Both?

So I was thinking and thought I should elaborate a little about fluids...

@ChickenCanoe asked:
Which was in response to my post about giving 200 ml of fluids under the skin to a sick peahen who weighs 3.7 kg (8.14 pounds). That 200 ml is only 5.4% of her weight, which happens to be the amount most mature non laying hens drink in a day, so while it might seem like a lot, it was really just her daily maintenance dose, which made me remember the time my vet had me give fluids to an egg bound peahen... for that she suggested 200 ml under the skin *twice* a day, and I'm gonna guess that's because the fluid requirements of laying hens are more than twice that of non-laying hens.

Any of you watch Dr K? If so, did you see the last episode where they gave a 15 gram Sugar Glider 2 ml of fluids? Anyway, just something to think about the next time you read about someone trying to keep their bird or mammal hydrated using an eye dropper.

-Kathy

Thanks.

As you know, I prefer robust birds that don't need special care. I may be wrong in my thinking.
No offense, but my philosophy isn't to allow those that do to reproduce.

So, you can just cut it in half lengthwise and have twice as much. Then you can step over.

Not just today.
Sometimes it goes unnoticed.
Thanks for noticing.
I would not cut it in half. She may need it full size later.
I think it gets noticed, just not mentioned. Some people might be afraid to say.
hide.gif

You are welcome!
big_smile.png

Yea I would call you good company.
But not me. That is okay. Banti apparently agrees with you.

What, me being frisky or the rooster catching a hen?
ep.gif
I said feisty!

Now they're reporting that the mass murderer may have been planning another attack on Disney World.
Disney deserves it.

I would not  cut it in half. She may need it full size later.
I think it gets noticed, just not mentioned. Some people might be afraid to say. :oops:
You are welcome! :D

But not me. That is okay.Banti apparently agrees with you.

:eek: I said feisty!

Disney deserves it.

Whaaaaatt??? I said no such thing! :hugs

You use the deer netting for the run fence?

I have repaired with it. That is deer netting hanging down from the roof of the old turkey pen. It was pulled down for sectioning off the garden, then tied back up when the turkeys were allowed in the area in the fall. Then I got it all tangled in the tiller yesterday...
hide.gif

You use the deer netting for the run fence?
I used it for part of the perimeter fencing. It kept chickens in and nothing more robust could keep raccoons out anyway. Even the foxes and coyotes ran around it rather than through.

ep.gif
I said feisty!
They both start with an F.
Though I do know the difference.

I have repaired with it. That is deer netting hanging down from the roof of the old turkey pen. It was pulled down for sectioning off the garden, then tied back up when the turkeys were allowed in the area in the fall. Then I got it all tangled in the tiller yesterday...
hide.gif

I keep a roll for repairs too.

I used it for part of the perimeter fencing. It kept chickens in and nothing more robust could keep raccoons out anyway. Even the foxes and coyotes ran around it rather than through.

They both start with an F.
Though I do know the difference.

I am thinking that what I was thinking isn't what I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom