INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
747 fell out of heaven

Crashed through the roof of a 7-11

You're working on a slurpee

Things get hazy

Reach for a twinkie now you're pushing up daisies

Old school AA! Nice! :highfive:

:barnie

Try this! :lol:

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

The link dont work...... :/
Send them here! We will eat any egg you will send! Its a promise!
I'm sure you would!
Shalom C-18 Did you ever used Corid on your dirt bike? :lau
:duc
I did, and all are still alive! -Kathy
:thumbsup
Thanks, I have heard of the ear bruising before. His ears are indeed this color though, they have been since a couple days after he hatched. Very neat picture of the blue color! Ohhhh, what breed???
EE
Good morning everybody!!!! :frow Happy Friday!!!!:weee Banti, I can pull a bunch of info for you about Mycoplasma and explain it, but it may take me a little while - I have to get my driver side mirror repaired and then I have to write a teaching module on Brain Tumors (it's overdue). There may be a human microbiology angle to it, but I can certainly help explain why certain drugs work... After about a week, the whole "do all the chicken chores in the morning" thing has crashed and burned. I simply don't have enough time in the morning before work - also, if I do them in the morning, I rush and get resentful. In the evening after work, I enjoy being around the chickens and it relaxes me. So, I'll just need to put up with being hot while doing them in the evenings. Time to make more coffee... - Ant Farm
I'd love that, thank you!!
@BantyChooks "Is it bantam? I have an OEGB hen the spitting image of that'n." For some reason I couldn't get the quote to work on this, but I have never had a bantam, but I think he may be. He is very much smaller than my other chicks from the same hatch. What does the "OEGB" stand for? He has slate grey legs, and his wing feathers seem to hang down longer than what I usually see. He's a pretty boy, I just don't know what he is. LOL.
Old english game bantam, that sounds quite like one. Can you weigh him?
Old English Game Bird
Bantam :smack
YAY!!! x2 oh so exciting!!! good luck sweets! good luck!
Danke!!
Hi, Bubbles Missed you earlier...went back to bed for a while
Dont blame ya..... Felt like doing the same.
LOL, I've seen a few of those food grade DE mixed in their dust bath, and ash mixed in too the sandy stuff is probably a pretty good indication :thumbsup when did you turn into a sheep? :lau theyre kinda like vampires lol wow i didnt realize they were so tiny! :ya woohooo!!! the ones you won right?? awwww shes so cute! yes you will, you know you want to throw some of jace's eggs in there sell them :confused: i miss!! :hit WOOOHOOOO!!! are these the ones you thought you cooked?? cant wait for pictures! GOOD MORNING!!!! sorry about the giving up :hugs AGREED, and start it younger :oops:
Yup NO. No more eggs!!
Goodness, I cannot keep up with you all! so I'm just going to rudely interrupt with a quick update. From the original 12 eggs, we're down to: 3 bouncing embryos [COLOR=1D2129]1 rotten egg[/COLOR] [COLOR=1D2129]5 infertile[/COLOR] [COLOR=1D2129]3 blood rings (1 HUGE - never seen one so bad)[/COLOR] :/ The egg donor came round this morning, beautiful game cock (OE LF) in hand, stared in horror at the depleted set and grabbed the flashlight to double check the eggs. I tossed the quilt I'm working on over him to make it dark enough so he can see for himself and offered that he takes the culled eggs home with him and check for himself. He declined. So here's hoping for the 3 remaining ones now?
:fl
:lau Oh. Well, I hope it hatches pretty soon! I don't know but it's very interesting! You don't happen to have a link ..... ? :D Yes, they have cocci even though you don't see it. Usually by the time you see symptoms, they already have it so bad they may not live whatever you might do. Same here. This thread especially takes up way too much of my time, so I'm definitely going back in the shadows from whence I came as soon as this hatch is over! :D :love I want a platypus! Now look what you've done! :ya :fl Oh, good, so I'm not the only one who has had 11 dozen eggs in the fridge and more coming in every day?! :th LOL never? :love Awwwwww!!! I love the big soft paws! You said that's a GSD, right? I love those! :love :love SO CUTE
LOL, no links. It was in a Microbiology textbook.
Hi!! LOL someone was getting EE eggs tomorrow! Sorry! I like the idea someone gave of freezing water bottles, and putting them under the hens, and changing them out when they get warm. I'm going to try that for one of my hens. Here was the best link I found for natural solutions. http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/02/mites-how-to-prevent-them-and-treat.html I would rather go natural, than use chemicals. I've heard good and BAD about the Diatomaceous earth. So, not sure about that, but I will try the Wormwood ash and the sachets. I hope you are able to break your broody!
That was me!
lol, i like the way sally handled it this morning i think banti is getting the ees today not true, i just had to step away
Yep!
I was actually pretty impressed with myself. My animal medicine cabinet is better stocked than my human one!
I have: Sav a chick Bandage scissors Pointed scissors Tweezers Qtips Non-stick pads Bandage tape Waxelene Triple antibiotic ointment Preparation H Vetericyn Styptic powder Vetwrap Rubber gloves
:he
So, what kinds of things do you guys have in your aviary medicine cabinet? My flock's medicine cabinet: Vet wrap Artificial tear gel Vet Rx Nutri-Drench Liniment gel Safety tipped scissors (sharp) Niacin Wazine Safe-guard Vetericyn-wound and skin care Blu-Kote Vitamins& Electrolytes Sav-A-Chick electrolytes Duramycin antibiotic Terramycin (animal Neosporin) Iodine Epsom salt Syringes Gauze
:thumbsup I forgot, I have Denagard in my kit as well.
I went to Preferences to dig around and see if I could figure out how to help ChickenCanoe. I didn't. But I did notice that somehow (I guess with the latest site update), my time zone had been changed to Tijuana time!!!! :lau - Ant Farm
LOL
Says it all, really. :D
:gig Hi all!!! Received 18 EE eggs today. 2 medium saddles, 11 mild saddles (wobbly), and four perfect. @Sally Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom