INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh trying to catch up on thread but I keep feeling like I'm either on Zillow or a resort.. How did I get so far behind?

@Banty
AMAZING duck shot/photo in motion! 10
2b50.png

:gig

Danke!

Putting on my camping head lamp&muck boots! J/k I'm in jammies can one catch chickens in jammies?... You should write down your adventures in chicken chasing! Lol
You need a good head lamp girl! All back yarders need hands free&a head lamp!

Yes, you can do it in your jammies. I have before. Tonight, I will be wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers.
I don't want anyone to rip up my legs, I don't want my arms scratched, and ... :oops: Earlier, I filled my muck boots with water. My feet were so darn hot, I could not take it. It was that or go barefoot. I wish now I had gone barefoot, but figured the boots would dry. They will eventually, but it was still a stupid idea.
So, I will be wearing the sneakers that I occasionally wear in the coop, and nowhere else.
The roosters will be going into a trashcan, then transported to the pen. I'll probably have to do it in two trips, because the trashcan is tall but obviously not very wide. Is now a bad time to remember that I forgot to find a second piece of wood for the lid?
I agree that I need a headlamp. Not sure how I keep forgetting to get one. :he

Last edited:
Yes, you can do it in your jammies. I have before. Tonight, I will be wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers.
I don't want anyone to rip up my legs, I don't want my arms scratched, and ... :oops: Earlier, I filled my muck boots with water. My feet were so darn hot, I could not take it. It was that or go barefoot. I wish now I had gone barefoot, but figured the boots would dry. They will eventually, but it was still a stupid idea.
So, I will be wearing the sneakers that I occasionally wear in the coop, and nowhere else.
The roosters will be going into a trashcan, then transported to the pen. I'll probably have to do it in two trips, because the trashcan is tall but obviously not very wide. Is now a bad time to remember that I forgot to find a second piece of wood for the lid?
I agree that I need a headlamp. Not sure how I keep forgetting to get one. :he

Hi MC. Use your feedbags. Roll them up in it and then set them in bottom of trash can. Use their weigh to hold bag closed. Transport and let loose in the pen.

Only because I wasn't here to see it
tongue.png
Whew! That's a relief!
(I'm still recovering; I was so worried about ruining my reputation.)

Chrissy

Sunshine

Miss HennyPenny stuck in broody jail.... Again.

Pingu, from the EHAL.

Abi, the OE.
love.gif

Is the chicken in the second pic up from the bottom in a tree?

I already knew about the avocados but thanks!
I would try it
Beautiful!!
awwwwww how sweet!!
Alright! Yer welcome!

Hey all...as much as we all LOVE Hershey's Chocolate made in PA, USA, LOL, lets not discuss politics and such here on BYC? Too much controversy on this subject.

Carry on y'all. (And make sure to eat your chocolate tonight!)

-BYC Staff
Finally, I was told to eat chocolate!
yesss.gif

Hot chocolate. Yummy. Well in the winter.
Not just in winter!
droolin.gif

Hi MC. Use your feedbags. Roll them up in it and then set them in bottom of trash can. Use their weigh to hold bag closed. Transport and let loose in the pen.

I knew it would sound like that. I mean, there is not a second board on the top of the pen. The pen is just a crate with chicken wire all around it. There are two walls, and the back of it is against a wall as well.
No, I do not have predator attacks around here. Yes, I do have raccoons and such. However, the subject is the roof. There is one board that I will use to slide which ever direction to grab the last of the cockerels when I'm almost done tomorrow. Did that make sense?
I have a board that covers the top. It will allow me to have easier access to the boys. I need a second board because there is an open space. I was thinking about just tying down a tarp for the night. We will see when I get out there.

What's that? You guys want to help me catch cockerels tonight? Okay! I have nooooo problem with that! :D
Seriously, I have no idea where they even sleep. Let alone, how many I have. I saw one the other day that I thought was a hen. I'm not sure how I'm going to do this in the dark. It is a good thing that I have until noon tomorrow to catch any that I leave behind.
It is also a good thing then I'll be learning how to process by myself tomorrow. No matter how careful I try to be, I'm sure I'm going to miss one or two.
As far as not knowing where they sleep, I simply mean that I do not count heads right now. I have too many birds in the coop to even try! So, I know that I have some that were sleeping in the rafters and some that were sleeping on walls. I covered the access to the rafters today.
Good luck mc!! :hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom