INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I may need some advice on a staggered hatch. My pretty eggs are in an unknown location and "should" be delivered Monday (3 days late!
1f621.png
) according to the fine folks at the postal service. So they will be 3 days behind the others in the Hovabator.

So... Will the first set be ok during lockdown when I have to open the bator to turn the 2nd set? And will the 2nd set be ok with the high humidity when the others are in lockdown and hatching?

3-4 days later and they will be in lockdown with your other eggs... I would run about 40% now until you get those eggs in and when they are in drop it to 25-28% depending on day 7 candle. you want to get them so you can run a 65 bator at lockdown and a short lockdown.

3-4 days later and they will be in lockdown with your other eggs...  I would run about 40% now until you get those eggs in and when they are in drop it to 25-28% depending on day 7 candle.   you want to get them so you can run a 65 bator at lockdown and a short lockdown.

Got it! Thanks!! :highfive:

but I do like the idea of another bator!! :thumbsup

Lol me too!!

Depending on how many eggs are in that shipment, I may be able to do a switch... I can possibly put my 6 that are in the Brinsea into the Hova (those both were set same day) ... And put the 2nd shipped set into the Brinsea.
Some are bantam eggs so I might be able to fit them all in. I'll figure something out!

Got it! Thanks!!
highfive.gif

Lol me too!!

Depending on how many eggs are in that shipment, I may be able to do a switch... I can possibly put my 6 that are in the Brinsea into the Hova (those both were set same day) ... And put the 2nd shipped set into the Brinsea.
Some are bantam eggs so I might be able to fit them all in. I'll figure something out!
mixing sizes is an entire different story you know that right?

There you are! ya know I hate taggin people and askin about them! but I was wondering about you!! @Ren2014
hugs.gif
I cant wait to see duckies!! did you take any candle pics for us? I love seeing duck candle images!! clear at the top? do you have cool spots in the bator? are you rotating them eggs around in the bator during your incubation at all?
Thank you for thinking about me
smile.png
I went back to work and I just can't keep up. Heck, I couldn't keep up when I was off work, lol. I haven't taken any pictures. This is the first time I've been able to really see things as I candle. These that aren't filing the whole egg have me scared. I see movement but I can't really see a definitive solid duck form. I fear dropping an egg as it is and trying to hold a camera and an egg scares me. I will try to get some pictures. I have been weighing and marking air cells. I have moved them around in the bator but not on a rotating schedule of any kind. I have a forced air LG and several thermometers. There might be some cool spots that I'm missing.

Uh oh- no I don't. Do they need a totally different game plan? Sounds like i may need a third bator after all??

just be careful of weight loss in bantams... I try to incubate them separate as they are smaller and do lose at a different weight than standards. try to keep a happy med and you should be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom