INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to look up uses for duck meat. If you guys have any suggestions, please tell me.
Soup, gumbo, salad, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, pot pie, omelets, sausage, pizza, stir fry, pasta, casseroles.
Do you have a wok and access to Asian vegetables? At my house, that would use up all available duck meat.
I found this list of duck recipes for you.
http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/283?recipekeyword=duck+meat

Most people don't have food scales, so can you tell us how many tablespoons = 100 grams?

Kathy
You have a scale.
I think it is an inexact science. It isn't like adding an exact amount of vitamin D3 or lysine. I just eyeball that kind of stuff.

Yes...........a scapegoat.

lau.gif

Got to grab the ladder & free up the gutter drain...BBL
OOOH, I should do that. It is such a pain here.

no thats a myotonic goat aka fainting goat
I bet they evolved where there were no predators. If they all fainted when scared by a predator, there wouldn't be any.

We're even; I can't understand metrics! Guess that makes me abnormal (shut up Chaos)
It's all just increments of ten.

7 in a row for the Orioles
ya.gif
1st place by 4 1/2 Knocking the cover off the ball
That's great. Cards split a 2 game series at the Royals. They're coming home for the completion of the KC/StL home/away series.
Cubbies still keep winning. They're the first team to 50 wins. They were tied with the Reds last night 2-2 in the 15th inning and ended up winning 7-2.

he.gif
I just realized why I haven't been feeling that great. I just noticed that on the back of the half-empty chip bag, it says contains wheat...... It was GF the last time I bought it!!! Hurrah for changing recipes.
barnie.gif

The chickens loved them.......
Good reason not to eat chips.

OK, Thanks!

Metrics is actually pretty easy, but all the prefixes drive me bonkers! I like our system much better!
hugs.gif
Oh, dear.
Those prefixes are also used here in electricity.

Can you pleas tel me what are pounds, lib, pints, quart, gallons, acers, ounce, feet, yard, mile, maritime mile, knots,
who need all of this when you could simply use grams and centimeters?
Pound is the same as lb. and #. 2.2 lbs is a Kilogram. 16 ounces to the pound.
A quart is roughly a liter. 8 ounces to a cup, 2 cups to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon.
Distance and area are much tougher.
An inch is just over 2.5 cm.. There are 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. A yard is roughly but just under a meter. 110 yards is almost exactly 100 meters.

When I programmed robots I could eyeball a millimeter on the fly to move weld spots, a bead of sealer or a gripper.

Here's where it gets complicated and no rhyme or reason. There's 5280 feet in a mile. A mile is just over 1.6 km.
So I can figure things fairly closely by knowing:
there are 2.2 lb is a kg.
a quart is close to a liter
a mile is over 1.6 km
Area is complicated. An acre is 43560 square feet, so that isn't easy for us either.
Acres to hectares is easier. Just under 2.5 acres to a hectare.

I think the others you mention aren't our fault. A fathom is roughly 6 feet. It took 2 sailors to measure knots. A knot is an old sailing thing. Knots were placed 8 fathoms apart.
One sailor would let a line slip through his fingers to measure distance while another sailor used an hourglass to measure time.
A nautical mile = 1 international knot = 1852 meters = 1.2 statute miles

Geographical/global minutes and seconds are easier once you wrap your head around it. A geographical mile = 1 minute of latitude along the equator.

There are other area measurements like manzana. It is used in most of Central America and in Argentina.
A vara or rod, is an old Spanish surveying unit used in the Spanish held territory of the Americas. It's length varied in size from time and place and ranged from 32-34 inches.
A manzana is a city block. it was originally 100X100 varas and roughly 2 acres or 7000 square meters.
Costa Rica was isolated from the rest of Latin America for a long time. They still use archaeic terms and still use a vara as a measurement of lumber. It's roughly 11 feet.
A palmo is the distance between the tip of the thumb and the tip of the pinky with all fingers splayed. Ancient rome had a similar but smaller unit. I don't know if they held their fingers closer together or their hands were smaller.
A manzana in Argentina is now 1 hectare.
In Costa Rica it is just under 7000 sq. meters.
In Honduras, it's slightly smaller.
El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatamela manzanas are all different but larger than a CR manzana. Belizean manzana is significantly larger.

Confused yet?

0.jpg

And your grate country have done it way back in history!
In the philipins, China ( Boxer Rebellion) Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq. ....... and they aren't even your neighbors ...!
Phillipines, Guam, Samoa, Russia, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia,

Most people people dont have food scales, so they have know way of knowing how much 100 grams of anything is. You're telling people that you use 100 grams of a powder to 10 kg of food, but the majority of people will not be able to figure that out. Surely you have tablespoons in Israel? All I'm asking is for you to weigh one tablespoon of the spice you mentioned. Should be easy for you, yes?

-Kathy
a Tbsp of powder will weigh more than a Tbsp of dried leaves

A and I forgot Cuba and Panama!
Ugly history is what we're known for.
One would be hard pressed to name a country in the western hemisphere we have not oppressed or invaded.
That was often in support of corporations like United Fruit and Standard Oil. Support for oppressive regimes to put down indigenous peoples and the left.
Not to mention in our own country. 300 Lakota Sioux massacred in 1890 at Wounded Knee and again in 1973.
4,000 Cherokee on the Trail of Tears.
45,000 native Americans between the late 18th and mid 19th century in the Indian Wars.
1894 - army troops killed 34 in breaking a rail strike in Chicago.
Army was used to put down mining strikes in several western states in the 1800s and 1900s.

I guess you're right; metric is easier, but in the U.S., we are used to our system (the FPS system, right?)

LOL yeah .... but we weren't the only ones to do things like that!
Much easier but you're right, it's what you get used to.

If all can be done with grams and centimeters why do you have kilometers, metres, millimeters, kilograms, milligrams........?
deca - multiply by 10
hecto - multiply by 100
kilo - multiply by 1000

deci - divide by 10
centi - divide by 100
milli - divide by 1000

---------------------------------------------------------

Y'all probably will waste 10 minutes of your day today because you won't be able to stop watching this video.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful! Irish coffee later maybe??? Dang that sounds good. Glad I have a full bottle!

And to think that vacation is just getting started.

They liquid store has more and is 5 minutes across town. Not if I been in the bottle already though. One thing I do not do is drive after I get into drinking. My Mom would be alive still had she not rode withave a drunk driver.

Soup, gumbo, salad, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, pot pie, omelets, sausage, pizza, stir fry, pasta, casseroles. Do you have a wok and access to Asian vegetables? At my house, that would use up all available duck meat. I found this list of duck recipes for you. http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/283?recipekeyword=duck+meat Good reason not to eat chips. Those prefixes are also used here in electricity. Pound is the same as lb. and #. 2.2 lbs is a Kilogram. 16 ounces to the pound. A quart is roughly a liter. 8 ounces to a cup, 2 cups to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon. Distance and area are much tougher. An inch is just over 2.5 cm.. There are 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. A yard is roughly but just under a meter. 110 yards is almost exactly 100 meters. Here's where it gets complicated and no rhyme or reason. There's 5280 feet in a mile. A mile is just over 1.6 km. So I can figure things fairly closely by knowing: there are 2.2 lb is a kg. a quart is close to a liter a mile is over 1.6 km Area is complicated. An acre is 43560 square feet, so that isn't easy for us either. Acres to hectares is easier. Just under 2.5 acres to a hectare. I think the others you mention aren't our fault. A fathom is roughly 6 feet. It took 2 sailors to measure knots. A knot is an old sailing thing. Knots were placed 8 fathoms apart. One sailor would let a line slip through his fingers to measure distance while another sailor used an hourglass to measure time. A nautical mile = 1 international knot = 1852 meters = 1.2 statute miles Geographical/global minutes and seconds are easier once you wrap your head around it. A geographical mile = 1 minute of latitude along the equator. There are other area measurements like manzana. It is used in most of Central America and in Argentina. A vara or rod, is an old Spanish surveying unit used in the Spanish held territory of the Americas. It's length varied in size from time and place and ranged from 32-34 inches. A manzana is a city block. it was originally 100X100 varas and roughly 2 acres or 7000 square meters. Costa Rica was isolated from the rest of Latin America for a long time. They still use archaeic terms and still use a vara as a measurement of lumber. It's roughly 11 feet. A palmo is the distance between the tip of the thumb and the tip of the pinky with all fingers splayed. Ancient rome had a similar but smaller unit. I don't know if they held their fingers closer together or their hands were smaller. A manzana in Argentina is now 1 hectare. In Costa Rica it is just under 7000 sq. meters. In Honduras, it's slightly smaller. El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatamela manzanas are all different but larger than a CR manzana. Belizean manzana is significantly larger. Confused yet? Phillipines, Guam, Samoa, Russia, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, a Tbsp of powder will weigh more than a Tbsp of dried leaves Ugly history is what we're known for. One would be hard pressed to name a country in the western hemisphere we have not oppressed or invaded. That was often in support of corporations like United Fruit and Standard Oil. Support for oppressive regimes to put down indigenous peoples and the left. Not to mention in our own country. 300 Lakota Sioux massacred in 1890 at Wounded Knee and again in 1973. 4,000 Cherokee on the Trail of Tears. 45,000 native Americans between the late 18th and mid 19th century in the Indian Wars. 1894 - army troops killed 34 in breaking a rail strike in Chicago. Army was used to put down mining strikes in several western states in the 1800s and 1900s. Much easier but you're right, it's what you get used to. deca - multiply by 10 hector - multiply by 100 kilo - multiply by 1000 deci - divide by 10 centi - divide by 100 milli - divide by 1000 --------------------------------------------------------- Y'all probably will waste 10 minutes of your day today because you won't be able to stop watching this video.
The one casserole looks great! Thank you!
I know I am new to the forum but if MC isn't giving Chaos one of those emojis, I would wonder what was wrong. You guys brighten my day!
You should have been here two months ago!
Would probably mean that one of us got kidnapped.
:lau

Soup, gumbo, salad, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, pot pie, omelets, sausage, pizza, stir fry, pasta, casseroles.
Do you have a wok and access to Asian vegetables? At my house, that would use up all available duck meat.
I found this list of duck recipes for you.
http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/283?recipekeyword=duck+meat

You have a scale.
I think it is an inexact science. It isn't like adding an exact amount of vitamin D3 or lysine. I just eyeball that kind of stuff.

lau.gif

OOOH, I should do that. It is such a pain here.

I bet they evolved where there were no predators. If they all fainted when scared by a predator, there wouldn't be any.

It's all just increments of ten.

That's great. Cards split a 2 game series at the Royals. They're coming home for the completion of the KC/StL home/away series.
Cubbies still keep winning. They're the first team to 50 wins. They were tied with the Reds last night 2-2 in the 15th inning and ended up winning 7-2.

Good reason not to eat chips.

Those prefixes are also used here in electricity.

Pound is the same as lb. and #. 2.2 lbs is a Kilogram. 16 ounces to the pound.
A quart is roughly a liter. 8 ounces to a cup, 2 cups to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon.
Distance and area are much tougher.
An inch is just over 2.5 cm.. There are 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. A yard is roughly but just under a meter. 110 yards is almost exactly 100 meters.
Here's where it gets complicated and no rhyme or reason. There's 5280 feet in a mile. A mile is just over 1.6 km.
So I can figure things fairly closely by knowing:
there are 2.2 lb is a kg.
a quart is close to a liter
a mile is over 1.6 km
Area is complicated. An acre is 43560 square feet, so that isn't easy for us either.
Acres to hectares is easier. Just under 2.5 acres to a hectare.

I think the others you mention aren't our fault. A fathom is roughly 6 feet. It took 2 sailors to measure knots. A knot is an old sailing thing. Knots were placed 8 fathoms apart.
One sailor would let a line slip through his fingers to measure distance while another sailor used an hourglass to measure time.
A nautical mile = 1 international knot = 1852 meters = 1.2 statute miles

Geographical/global minutes and seconds are easier once you wrap your head around it. A geographical mile = 1 minute of latitude along the equator.

There are other area measurements like manzana. It is used in most of Central America and in Argentina.
A vara or rod, is an old Spanish surveying unit used in the Spanish held territory of the Americas. It's length varied in size from time and place and ranged from 32-34 inches.
A manzana is a city block. it was originally 100X100 varas and roughly 2 acres or 7000 square meters.
Costa Rica was isolated from the rest of Latin America for a long time. They still use archaeic terms and still use a vara as a measurement of lumber. It's roughly 11 feet.
A palmo is the distance between the tip of the thumb and the tip of the pinky with all fingers splayed. Ancient rome had a similar but smaller unit. I don't know if they held their fingers closer together or their hands were smaller.
A manzana in Argentina is now 1 hectare.
In Costa Rica it is just under 7000 sq. meters.
In Honduras, it's slightly smaller.
El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatamela manzanas are all different but larger than a CR manzana. Belizean manzana is significantly larger.

Confused yet?

0.jpg

Phillipines, Guam, Samoa, Russia, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia,

a Tbsp of powder will weigh more than a Tbsp of dried leaves

Ugly history is what we're known for.
One would be hard pressed to name a country in the western hemisphere we have not oppressed or invaded.
That was often in support of corporations like United Fruit and Standard Oil. Support for oppressive regimes to put down indigenous peoples and the left.
Not to mention in our own country. 300 Lakota Sioux massacred in 1890 at Wounded Knee and again in 1973.
4,000 Cherokee on the Trail of Tears.
45,000 native Americans between the late 18th and mid 19th century in the Indian Wars.
1894 - army troops killed 34 in breaking a rail strike in Chicago.
Army was used to put down mining strikes in several western states in the 1800s and 1900s.

Much easier but you're right, it's what you get used to.

deca - multiply by 10
hector - multiply by 100
kilo - multiply by 1000

deci - divide by 10
centi - divide by 100
milli - divide by 1000

---------------------------------------------------------

Y'all probably will waste 10 minutes of your day today because you won't be able to stop watching this video.

0.jpg
good info and

SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

@BantyChooks
needs to see the animals
They liquid store has more and is 5 minutes across town. Not if I been in the bottle already though. One thing I do not do is drive after I get into drinking. My Mom would be alive still had she not rode withave a drunk driver.
good to hear, more people should be like you
sorry about your mom
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I know I am new to the forum but if MC isn't giving Chaos one of those emojis, I would wonder what was wrong. You guys brighten my day!
Soup, gumbo, salad, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, pot pie, omelets, sausage, pizza, stir fry, pasta, casseroles. Do you have a wok and access to Asian vegetables? At my house, that would use up all available duck meat. I found this list of duck recipes for you. http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/283?recipekeyword=duck+meat Good reason not to eat chips. Those prefixes are also used here in electricity. Pound is the same as lb. and #. 2.2 lbs is a Kilogram. 16 ounces to the pound. A quart is roughly a liter. 8 ounces to a cup, 2 cups to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon. Distance and area are much tougher. An inch is just over 2.5 cm.. There are 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. A yard is roughly but just under a meter. 110 yards is almost exactly 100 meters. Here's where it gets complicated and no rhyme or reason. There's 5280 feet in a mile. A mile is just over 1.6 km. So I can figure things fairly closely by knowing: there are 2.2 lb is a kg. a quart is close to a liter a mile is over 1.6 km Area is complicated. An acre is 43560 square feet, so that isn't easy for us either. Acres to hectares is easier. Just under 2.5 acres to a hectare. I think the others you mention aren't our fault. A fathom is roughly 6 feet. It took 2 sailors to measure knots. A knot is an old sailing thing. Knots were placed 8 fathoms apart. One sailor would let a line slip through his fingers to measure distance while another sailor used an hourglass to measure time. A nautical mile = 1 international knot = 1852 meters = 1.2 statute miles Geographical/global minutes and seconds are easier once you wrap your head around it. A geographical mile = 1 minute of latitude along the equator. There are other area measurements like manzana. It is used in most of Central America and in Argentina. A vara or rod, is an old Spanish surveying unit used in the Spanish held territory of the Americas. It's length varied in size from time and place and ranged from 32-34 inches. A manzana is a city block. it was originally 100X100 varas and roughly 2 acres or 7000 square meters. Costa Rica was isolated from the rest of Latin America for a long time. They still use archaeic terms and still use a vara as a measurement of lumber. It's roughly 11 feet. A palmo is the distance between the tip of the thumb and the tip of the pinky with all fingers splayed. Ancient rome had a similar but smaller unit. I don't know if they held their fingers closer together or their hands were smaller. A manzana in Argentina is now 1 hectare. In Costa Rica it is just under 7000 sq. meters. In Honduras, it's slightly smaller. El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatamela manzanas are all different but larger than a CR manzana. Belizean manzana is significantly larger. Confused yet? Phillipines, Guam, Samoa, Russia, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, a Tbsp of powder will weigh more than a Tbsp of dried leaves Ugly history is what we're known for. One would be hard pressed to name a country in the western hemisphere we have not oppressed or invaded. That was often in support of corporations like United Fruit and Standard Oil. Support for oppressive regimes to put down indigenous peoples and the left. Not to mention in our own country. 300 Lakota Sioux massacred in 1890 at Wounded Knee and again in 1973. 4,000 Cherokee on the Trail of Tears. 45,000 native Americans between the late 18th and mid 19th century in the Indian Wars. 1894 - army troops killed 34 in breaking a rail strike in Chicago. Army was used to put down mining strikes in several western states in the 1800s and 1900s. Much easier but you're right, it's what you get used to. deca - multiply by 10 hector - multiply by 100 kilo - multiply by 1000 deci - divide by 10 centi - divide by 100 milli - divide by 1000 --------------------------------------------------------- Y'all probably will waste 10 minutes of your day today because you won't be able to stop watching this video.
The one casserole looks great! Thank you!
You should have been here two months ago!
:lau
OK mental note! If either of you are missing I will pm everyone and send a search party.

Soup, gumbo, salad, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, pot pie, omelets, sausage, pizza, stir fry, pasta, casseroles. Do you have a wok and access to Asian vegetables? At my house, that would use up all available duck meat. I found this list of duck recipes for you. http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/283?recipekeyword=duck+meat You have a scale. I think it is an inexact science. It isn't like adding an exact amount of vitamin D3 or lysine. I just eyeball that kind of stuff. :lau OOOH, I should do that. It is such a pain here. I bet they evolved where there were no predators. If they all fainted when scared by a predator, there wouldn't be any. It's all just increments of ten. That's great. Cards split a 2 game series at the Royals. They're coming home for the completion of the KC/StL home/away series. Cubbies still keep winning. They're the first team to 50 wins. They were tied with the Reds last night 2-2 in the 15th inning and ended up winning 7-2. Good reason not to eat chips. Those prefixes are also used here in electricity. Pound is the same as lb. and #. 2.2 lbs is a Kilogram. 16 ounces to the pound. A quart is roughly a liter. 8 ounces to a cup, 2 cups to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon. Distance and area are much tougher. An inch is just over 2.5 cm.. There are 12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. A yard is roughly but just under a meter. 110 yards is almost exactly 100 meters. Here's where it gets complicated and no rhyme or reason. There's 5280 feet in a mile. A mile is just over 1.6 km. So I can figure things fairly closely by knowing: there are 2.2 lb is a kg. a quart is close to a liter a mile is over 1.6 km Area is complicated. An acre is 43560 square feet, so that isn't easy for us either. Acres to hectares is easier. Just under 2.5 acres to a hectare. I think the others you mention aren't our fault. A fathom is roughly 6 feet. It took 2 sailors to measure knots. A knot is an old sailing thing. Knots were placed 8 fathoms apart. One sailor would let a line slip through his fingers to measure distance while another sailor used an hourglass to measure time. A nautical mile = 1 international knot = 1852 meters = 1.2 statute miles Geographical/global minutes and seconds are easier once you wrap your head around it. A geographical mile = 1 minute of latitude along the equator. There are other area measurements like manzana. It is used in most of Central America and in Argentina. A vara or rod, is an old Spanish surveying unit used in the Spanish held territory of the Americas. It's length varied in size from time and place and ranged from 32-34 inches. A manzana is a city block. it was originally 100X100 varas and roughly 2 acres or 7000 square meters. Costa Rica was isolated from the rest of Latin America for a long time. They still use archaeic terms and still use a vara as a measurement of lumber. It's roughly 11 feet. A palmo is the distance between the tip of the thumb and the tip of the pinky with all fingers splayed. Ancient rome had a similar but smaller unit. I don't know if they held their fingers closer together or their hands were smaller. A manzana in Argentina is now 1 hectare. In Costa Rica it is just under 7000 sq. meters. In Honduras, it's slightly smaller. El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatamela manzanas are all different but larger than a CR manzana. Belizean manzana is significantly larger. Confused yet? Phillipines, Guam, Samoa, Russia, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, a Tbsp of powder will weigh more than a Tbsp of dried leaves Ugly history is what we're known for. One would be hard pressed to name a country in the western hemisphere we have not oppressed or invaded. That was often in support of corporations like United Fruit and Standard Oil. Support for oppressive regimes to put down indigenous peoples and the left. Not to mention in our own country. 300 Lakota Sioux massacred in 1890 at Wounded Knee and again in 1973. 4,000 Cherokee on the Trail of Tears. 45,000 native Americans between the late 18th and mid 19th century in the Indian Wars. 1894 - army troops killed 34 in breaking a rail strike in Chicago. Army was used to put down mining strikes in several western states in the 1800s and 1900s. Much easier but you're right, it's what you get used to. deca - multiply by 10 hector - multiply by 100 kilo - multiply by 1000 deci - divide by 10 centi - divide by 100 milli - divide by 1000 --------------------------------------------------------- Y'all probably will waste 10 minutes of your day today because you won't be able to stop watching this video.
good info and SOOOOOO CUTE!!! @BantyChooks needs to see the animals
good to hear, more people should be like you sorry about your mom :hugs
Thank you. It's been over ten years now and I couldn't do that to someone else. So we are taking our camper to the hog roast this weekend to crash out in. Most the time I am DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom