INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny how some/a bunch of us have avys that closely describe us. MC has an obsessive coffee drinking smiley, Chaos has a crazy minion meme, and I'm just plain abduckted!

Last edited:
Well, it's the end of day 21, and there were 3 eggs doing nothing, so I picked up 1, no signs of life. 2nd one I picked up was chirping. I chipped a little shell from where I expected it to pip, and there was it's beak. I picked a bit more shell and saw a TINY bit of blood, so I stopped. I wet the membrane and dropped it back into the bator. I didn't bother checking the 3rd. Seems there is still a bit of life in there.

I pulled a total of 12 dry fluffy ones out today. Hopefully, I'll get at least 2 more..
celebrate.gif
fl.gif

Happy now?
tongue.png
smack.gif
No! I hate, and I mean despise losing arguments.
tongue.gif
somad.gif

Actually, what was said was "I can't imagine you in a convertible". Since no pictures exist, anywhere, of me behind the wheel of my rag top, you'll just have to trust me.
I said "I cannot imagine you in a convertible." Cannot, not can't.
You fact-twister!
smack.gif

I find it funny how some/a bunch of us have avys that closely describe us. MC has an obsessive coffee drinking smiley, Chaos has a crazy minion meme, and I'm just plain abduckted!
Yes!

Wait- what about me?
hit.gif
What am I, chopped liver? jk! :D

What do you suppose I was driving to all those drive-ins we were talking about earlier?
A dinosaur?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
:celebrate :fl

:smack No! I hate, and I mean despise losing arguments. :tongue :mad:

I said "I cannot imagine you in a convertible." Cannot, not can't.
You fact-twister! :smack

Yes!

Wait- what about me? :hit What am I, chopped liver? jk! :D

A dinosaur? :D  

Hmm! Well, if a duck in a hat describes you...... :p

Last edited:
Here are the first 11, sorry it's blurry.

And this is feeding time in our fish tank. Our platys are breeding and the plants are out of control, so there is plenty of places to hide. So, now we have WAY, way too many platys. The Kissing Gouramis don't care about them. They don't even eat the babies.

@Sally Sunshine , I sent you a message.
lau.gif
LMAO yes you sure did!!

Quote:
holy crap!!!!!
Help!!! New to chicks and incubation. Bought a cheaper incubator and put 4 of my new serama chick eggs in there with little hope and now on the 19th day I am hearing "peeping" I opened it heard it and shut it fast! i have 3 other viable previously candled eggs in there. I don't have damp paper towel in there-just the plastic mesh floor. Once the first chick hatches what do I do??? how long can I leave it in there to see if another hatches, do I put in damp paper towels now..... I am so lost-I wasn't ready for this to actually work!!! iIt doesnt have a clear viewing window either-I have to peak from the side to see anything...... Ugh!!!! HELP!!!
Welcome to the thread!!! i see you have been helped, awesome!

I finally have an update!

I candled my eggs last night, 10 are right on track, 1 was clear and 1 quit. Not too bad I suppose. Now if hatch day would just hurry up and get here
big_smile.png
good luck!!!

Okey doke..... Since @Sally Sunshine is MIA more often than not, I thought I'd start the hatcher list back up. Tag me or quote me and I'll add you! (So I can find this again- abcdefg)

Incubating W/ Friends Hatcher list

Sally Sunshine AKA Sally
Everything! Usually CCL, BB egg layers, Serama, OE, Sapphire layers, brahma, ducks, guineas, or.... Yeah. Like I said, everything.

BantyChooks AKA Banti or Bubbles
17 shipped EE eggs on day 6.

Chaos18 AKA Trouble or Chaos
6 eggs on day iforget.

MotorcycleChick AKA MC or Abi
Two broodies on day 7 and day 13 (or 14) IDK how many eggs. The first one is mean!

kwhites634 AKA Whites, Whitey, Ken, Red Dog..... Just not late for supper
Broody: 5 RSL x BCM eggs, and she'd pushed one of them out....I gave it back to her, but there's probably something wrong with it, or she wouldn't have pushed it out.
Incubator: 12 BCM x RSL....don't look for many to hatch out, though...several clears...only movement in 1 when I checked 2 days ago.

daxigait AKA Dax or Daxi
Broody has eight eggs 6/24, but I don't know how many are fertile since my cockerels are young and only with the hens on the odd evening. Green egg layers CL over OE/BSL/BR/RIR. Candling this weekend I hope.

Jessimom AKA Kathy
I have 14 BCM that gotro17 had shipped, 4 legbars (I think were also shipped), along with I think 12 of my backyard chicken eggs - these are on day 10. And I set 28???? eggs 2 days ago. It's a mix of gotro17's backyard mix eggs, and mine. I'll do an accurate count if I ever candle them.

Mine are probably not all fertile, Since we pulled the roosters several weeks ago, and the baby roos were just starting to figure out how to play with the girls when they started to crow and got pulled.. I currently have a BEAUTIFUL Salmon Favorelle and 2 black silkie roos in my basement. Waiting until I figure out what we are going to do with them.

I also have 2 broodies sitting on eggs. Not sure how far along, or how many eggs. They both should be getting close though.

Pensmaster
13 Altsterier eggs under broody. Started 6-24. Three candled yesterday when the hen got off for water all three growing beautifully. Surprised as they were abandoned a couple times and eggs were washed.

MIA!!!! I am on vacation!!! first day too!!! YIPPPIEEEEESSSSS

Quote: Mike has a broody with icelandics

Brohow
Quote:
fl.gif

C18 what abaout this handsomes?
what the eeeewwww

I'm still #1 !!!!!
by .4% lol
wooohooooo!!!
@NaJoBeLe @Sally Sunshine

btw are you back from texas yet @NaJoBeLe ?
LIZ!!! GREAT NEWS!!! you go woman!

Some pic of my pullets 4 month old

Very nice Benny!

I crossed my Dominique roo over my Easter Egger, and I really like how they turned out, they have the fluffy cheeks and beards and have a very nice personality. And lay a lovely blue/green egg. :)

CUTE!!!!!

Has anyone ever used these? Or, at least have an opinion of them?
I HATE THEM!!!!!! they actually have to figure out to lift the yellow thinger in them and that makes the water come out! Mine have been dry and I have moved it to every run in hopes ONE BREED IS SMART enough to pull that off!!! Chicks, FORGET IT!

@campingshaws baby goats????
love.gif

Hey everyone! Just popping in to say hi! My last hatch of the season is almost done. My cabinet bator is officially unplugged and my hatcher should be by tomorrow. Hope everyone's doing good
smile.png
frow.gif
your certain ?

I'm so excited, my PA pea egg (hatched with some help), and it appears to be a purple pied!

-Kathy
Sweet Kat!

Quote: so cute!

Quote: lol Banti!

Well, it's the end of day 21, and there were 3 eggs doing nothing, so I picked up 1, no signs of life. 2nd one I picked up was chirping. I chipped a little shell from where I expected it to pip, and there was it's beak. I picked a bit more shell and saw a TINY bit of blood, so I stopped. I wet the membrane and dropped it back into the bator. I didn't bother checking the 3rd. Seems there is still a bit of life in there.

I pulled a total of 12 dry fluffy ones out today. Hopefully, I'll get at least 2 more..
Congrats!!!!

Hi sweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom