INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Maran, an Orpington Wyandotte cross, a Pekin Barbu D'Uccle cross and two Sebrights. The new chicks are a Araucana, two Cream Legbars and a Light Sussex. I still have a Maran chick in the egg which i hope will hatch today or tomorrow. It pipped internally in the last 24hrs but hasn't pipped externally yet. It's terribly hard to resist intervening and let nature take it's course. The foster mother abandoned the eggs once she had some chicks so I'm actually brooding in my bra as i don't have an incubator.

I have a Maran, an Orpington Wyandotte cross, a Pekin Barbu D'Uccle cross and two Sebrights. The new chicks are a Araucana, two Cream Legbars and a Light Sussex. I still have a Maran chick in the egg which i hope will hatch today or tomorrow. It pipped internally in the last 24hrs but hasn't pipped externally yet. It's terribly hard to resist intervening and let nature take it's course. The foster mother abandoned the eggs once she had some chicks so I'm actually brooding in my bra as i don't have an incubator.
lau.gif

Thats great!!
though you are not warm or humid enough

:eek:
Ok I had the same situation just no bra. Incubated 4 chicks.
Nice selection of birds

Looking for opinions about something... I ordered 27 eggs to incubate. The hatchery guarantees 80% fertility. I candle the eggs after 7 days and 8 are completely clear with no signs of development, while the other 19 are all very visibly developing (the eggs are white and I can see embryos and veining just smaller then the size of a half dollar). I crack open the 8 eggs with no sign of life, sure enough, normal egg. NO development at all and NO sign of fertilization. I call the hatchery and was told (in a way that made me feel like I was a clueless idiot) that I cant tell if the eggs are fertile after 7 days of incubation. I shouldnt have opened the eggs, I should have put them back in the incubator because... heres the good part... IT CAN TAKE THE EGGS LONGER THAN 7 DAYS TO START DEVELOPING. I told her there was no indication of the eggs being fertile and no development AT ALL but I was told again I should have put them back in, they just hadnt started yet. Ive personally never experienced spontanious development after a week in an incubator but what are your thoughts/experiences?

Welcome! Just jump in, we are glad to have you. What type are they?
6 Isbar that I am pretty doubtful on as they were very porous in addition to having detached air cells. I have 6 black copper marans eggs along with them. Getting 12 Hedemora eggs and 12 cochin eggs in tomorrow and Friday. :)

Looking for opinions about something... I ordered 27 eggs to incubate. The hatchery guarantees 80% fertility. I candle the eggs after 7 days and 8 are completely clear with no signs of development, while the other 19 are all very visibly developing (the eggs are white and I can see embryos and veining just smaller then the size of a half dollar). I crack open the 8 eggs with no sign of life, sure enough, normal egg. NO development at all and NO sign of fertilization. I call the hatchery and was told (in a way that made me feel like I was a clueless idiot) that I cant tell if the eggs are fertile after 7 days of incubation. I shouldnt have opened the eggs, I should have put them back in the incubator because... heres the good part... IT CAN TAKE THE EGGS LONGER THAN 7 DAYS TO START DEVELOPING. I told her there was no indication of the eggs being fertile and no development AT ALL but I was told again I should have put them back in, they just hadnt started yet. Ive personally never experienced spontanious development after a week in an incubator but what are your thoughts/experiences?

They are BS you, after 7 days, 1/3 of incubation period veining, and embryo development should be noticed! Don't buy from them anymore.

I'm with you but I don't toss anything unless it smells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom