INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my night stunk. I came home to the welding guy wanting eighty more and my cat laying on the bathroom floor in his pee struggling to breath. I took him to the emergency clinic and paid seventy five dollars to have him die less then ten minutes into the visit.
Ash you will be missed :hit
So sorry dax. :hugs

UPDATE
Mystery partially solved. Went to see where broody was. She's still in the next-door nest. I made the executive decision to pull the 3 eggs she'd been brooding, candle them, & stick them in the still-active 'bator in case she didn't resume setting. One's pretty porous and appears to be infertile; no movement seen in the other two. The surprise was that while I had the top open, removing the 3 "abandoned" eggs, I tried to touch the broody; she still had her "don't-screw-with-me" game face on. I soon found out why; I spotted a little fuzzy yellow head poking out from under her! First natural-born chick here, ever! Hard to believe that Momma actually moved an egg around a full partition between nest boxes, or that she hadn't kicked out a clear egg. She must have been there a couple hours; chick's totally dry. Now we'll see how well she does raising & protecting a chick in a run full of adults.
Yay! Go, chickies, go!

Well, my night stunk. I came home to the welding guy wanting eighty more and my cat laying on the bathroom floor in his pee struggling to breath. I took him to the emergency clinic and paid seventy five dollars to have him die less then ten minutes into the visit.
Ash you will be missed
hit.gif
So sorry. Words are not enough.
hugs.gif

Ash you will be missed :hit

Sorry Dax......i had a dashchund puppy get killed in a car accident a few years ago.....the vet knew the dog had a broken neck and wouldn't survive. But she ran the bill up to a grand .......till we ran out of money.
Poor little Pepper never had a chance.
Sorry Dax again......:confused:g

Last edited:
Good morning Leavealighton, LLP and Whites.

Thanks for all your kind words. I did not mean to make anyone sad, but as animal lovers, we all understand the loss, and I needed to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom