INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!! From the little bit of research we've done so far, is that anyone with the correct zoning can keep whatever farm animals they are zoned for. The 4H club fought the city to allow kids to keep up to 6 backyard chickens, no matter the zoning, as long as the household had a child in 4H. What is rumored right now, is that if the city is talking about if they would allow that, why not make back yard chickens allowed for everyone. I don't know how far along in that process they are.

We got the letter yesterday, so Monday is the earliest I can do anything. We've gotten to know the compliance officer pretty good over the last 4 years - basically because of my brother living in a motor home on our property, and tree clearance for the fire department etc. He's the one that told us about the city discussing allowing backyard chickens. We're hoping he'll be on our side......

Since this entire valley was all farms less than 100 years ago. My house is the farm house for orchards. I've found photos from the 40's that show nothing but trees around me. I don't understand when the laws were passed banning chickens.

Once I get a better idea of what their stance is on an extension, I might ask for more advice!!!

Thanks again!!!

I caution you not to expect anything more than moral support from the code enforcement officer. He will do what ever he is told by the public works supervisor and mayor.
To effect change, it has to come from the city council.

Oh and in case anyone want to know, my neighbors broody quit, so she asked me to stick her eggs in my little brinsea, which I did.  Well, last night they.....

...EXPLODED!!!!!  It was the most disgusting thing  I have dealt with in a looooong time!  :sick   My whole house was putrid.

:sick

Good day everyone. .how does one start a conversation on this thread?

:frow Just say boo!

Ahhhhhh you scared me. LOL

1f47b.png

hey everyone I have a egg that has been halfway zipped for almost 4 hours chick is chirping and has moved the egg around quit a bit but looks like he's not able to kick it open should I help it

anyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom