INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is a 1, I just wish I would have noticed sooner. They were all doing very well and were active yesterday. I spent most of the day with them, but did not hold them. She is not improving at all yet.
hugs.gif

How old is the bird again?

Disease possibilities are ulcerative enteritis, rotaviral enteritis and paratyphoid. UE is caused by clostridial bacteria and can be cured.
Any of those should be able to be detected with a fecal sample. If nothing solid is coming out, catch some of the liquid. If it is rotaviral, there isn't a cure.
She is about 15 weeks. Our vet does not deal with chickens, so I can't bring a sample anywhere.

Thanks. :-(

:lau Duckling was running around with her head to the side, and I automatically thought, "Oh, no! She has wry neck! :eek: "

:lau
You've got me by a landslide in the poultry knowledge department, but I believe I have you whupped for crankiness  :gig

Neither of you are cranky!!

Maybe it's this part.

assist members in a positive and courteous manner, be open to feedback without getting defensive, and should maintain their good standing with little disciplinary action for rules violation.

LOL

Quite right... How should one reply when someone posts a picture like this?

-Kathy
Has it been through taxidermy? Is it blind?

I missed that one last week too.
I don't think SHL has been on TV in a long time.

Since they lay smaller eggs. Is there a lower limit to go with them? I'm sure all six chicks were in the 48-50 grams size not 55.
Do you mean the eggs they came out of were 48-50 grams?
If so, you may be up against it.
Whether to go with a lower limit, that's up to you. I can only tell you what one should be doing and why.
If you don't adhere to the recommendation, you have to figure out how far out of that range you are willing to stretch it.

For a soap box move (read that as cranky old man speech), it bothers me when people get a rare breed, (like your supplier) and are so quick to get their birds/eggs out there that they do things a good breeder shouldn't.
Like sell pullet eggs for hatching, sell birds they haven't bred themselves and proven to be good representatives of their breed.

If they came out of 50 gram eggs, when they mature at 10 months or more, they may get up to 55 grams.
With the little I've learned about the breed, I may give more weight to that than a floppy comb since many of the Austrian versions I've seen have floppy combed hens.

She is a 1, I just wish I would have noticed sooner. They were all doing very well and were active yesterday. I spent most of the day with them, but did not hold them. She is not improving at all yet.

What state are you in?
If you really want to save the bird and are so inclined, now is not the time to guess and try random amprolium or worming treatments.
I'd get the bird to an avian vet to get some tests done on the clear diarrhea.

Quote: awww poor kitty!!!!

Quote:
fl.gif

Afternoon everyone.. Im kinda just stalking right now.. Reading conversations. Chicky is doing good. follows me everywhere when I get it out.. Need to start on a coop but soooooo hot. Anyone got one they ain't using lol
1f609.png
frow.gif

Quote: I think the cranky old man is pretty smart as well as cool, I love when you get cranky gives me reason to argue about something I know nothing about.
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom