INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: And here you are, knee deep in all the manure you'll ever need
gig.gif

You get the logistics of your tree all figured out so your house doesn't become collateral damage?

It never cost us much to keep horses. Were we bad people for never using a vet or medicating them?
We kept a small herd of about 8 or so horses. We had a barn but they didn't use it. We had their hooves trimmed a couple times but that's it. Occasionally gave a little grain but they had 100 acres to roam for food.
We had Quarterhorse, American Saddlebred, Tennessee Walker, Appaloosa, POAs, Welsh pony and a Shetland.

Hmmm!

I know times have changed and it was ancient times when I was young but that's probably what we spent every couple years.

That's funny.

My last foray into chickens was for the manure. I used to get manure from a stable nearby and they closed. I still needed manure so was going to get 6 pullets to satisfy that need. I came home with 10. Realizing they also laid eggs and produced meat, within 3 months I had 100 chickens.
are you saying i spend too much on my pony? i spend way less on her than i do my dog lol

100 in 3 months! holy cow

what time is it where y'all live
4:22 PM here now

And here you are, knee deep in all the manure you'll ever need
gig.gif

You get the logistics of your tree all figured out so your house doesn't become collateral damage?
I can handle it. Just not sure when. Thankfully, the bulk of the tree is away from the house. There are no other trees to attach the comealong to. There is just an open field on the other side.
On another note, a couple days ago a huge branch fell into the driveway where my wife occasionally parks. No cars there then. Last night, I was parked on another side of the same tree. This morning I saw all kinds of debris on my hood and several pieces of log in front of the car. When I cleaned off the hood so I could drive it, I discovered the log had smashed my windshield. Did I say it has stormed every evening here? In the last 2 days we were under a spot cloudburst. 2 days ago, we got 2 3/4" in a little over an hour. Last night we got 1.5" in a half hour. No one 7 miles in any direction from here got any rain.

are you saying i spend too much on my pony? i spend way less on her than i do my dog lol

100 in 3 months! holy cow
I really don't know the price of those things now. I know we went to a farm about 40 miles to the south of our farm where a guy had about 100 horses and he was liquidating. We had a huge trailer and I think we paid about 100 each for all the horses.

I got 26 freedom rangers one week and 53 of 17 breeds from Sandhill the week later.

4:22 PM here now

I can handle it. Just not sure when. Thankfully, the bulk of the tree is away from the house. There are no other trees to attach the comealong to. There is just an open field on the other side.
On another note, a couple days ago a huge branch fell into the driveway where my wife occasionally parks. No cars there then. Last night, I was parked on another side of the same tree. This morning I saw all kinds of debris on my hood and several pieces of log in front of the car. When I cleaned off the hood so I could drive it, I discovered the log had smashed my windshield. Did I say it has stormed every evening here? In the last 2 days we were under a spot cloudburst. 2 days ago, we got 2 3/4" in a little over an hour. Last night we got 1.5" in a half hour. No one 7 miles in any direction from here got any rain.

I really don't know the price of those things now. I know we went to a farm about 40 miles to the south of our farm where a guy had about 100 horses and he was liquidating. We had a huge trailer and I think we paid about 100 each for all the horses.

I got 26 freedom rangers one week and 53 of 17 breeds from Sandhill the week later.
that stinks about your windshield, is this the same tree you need to take down anyway?
i paid 1500 for my horse with all tack, fencing, brushes, electric fence box, and she came with 20 bales of hay> good deal in this area
currently in this area hay is $5-7/bale for ~50# bales, luckily i get it free
i probably dont really do her feet as often as i should i probably go closer to 12 weeks, hard to get the farrier out sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom