INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh missed that part. What I get for not reading back.
hide.gif
no worries, i read it all so that others dont have to :)
well not really, i couldnt live with myself if i didnt read it all

There is a new poll on what type poultry BYC members currently own:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...h-fowl-species-do-you-own/0_100#post_17365549
I'm curious to see how many people have swans and if anyone has prairie chickens.
ep.gif
You have a countdown going?! Whoa!
I have 15 eggs due in 6 or 7 days. I guess I should candle.
I'm setting again tomorrow. To hatch under a waning moon in the barren sign of Gemini (the antithesis of the zodiac hatch philosophy)
Then again on the 16th and the 25th.

I finally placed my order (which I really wish I had placed yesterday) and my stuff will be here Friday.
Now, who the heck is going to drive to Pennsylvania to help me rewire my run?
fl.gif
I don't think my car will make it. Wife is going on a 4 day campout and float this weekend but I wouldn't have anyone to chicken sit.
Well, I guess I would. My coop fairy that broke her hip a couple months ago got clearance from the Drs. to drive.
She came up yesterday to help me legband chicks.

theres an idea, i could even hitch her to the buggy
Do you see a lot of buggies up your way?

@LittleLakePhil

My boys are going fishing for crappie for the first time today.via hope they catch some cause I have never seen one.
I hope they catch some. IMHO the best tasting freshwater fish.

I'm sorry I don't know how to do pictures yet. It's a $79.one with the Didgitle readings for day counter, temperature, humidity & hour countdown to turn every 2 hours.l just bought from The LaShop. It's 56 egg automatic incubator with a fan & turner & a free little bottle that comes with it. Yellow top & clear bottom. It doesn't have but 1 small hole to put the free bottle of water into the bator. Don't I need air holes somewhere in an incubator.
It didn't come with instructions?

@deyvuhd how did it go?

if the chick pips the bottom it usually can get out, dont panic about those....
see these for future reference
MALPOSITIONS /PIPS WRONG END are the first to pip and the last DIS after hatch post #19606
Malposition (pipped wrong end) chick most times will hatch! VIDEO post #22241
A WRONG END PIP IS BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL Pip! post #518454 VIDEO HATCHING post #54642
I had a wrong end pip in each of the last 2 hatches and they made it out fine.

what lays the plum egg then? langshang? glad you got a good offer and took it!!
Langshan. Not the US type though. Croads are in the UK only.

The chick hasnt made any progress in zipping the egg i keep wetting a paper towel and covering the membrane so the chick doesnt get shrink wrapped in the egg but its alive it keeps chirping every now and then
Keep the 'bator closed and have patience.

Croad Langshan are supposed to lay plum colored eggs.
I had a couple plum layers till I realized it was a coating of calcium applied after the reddish maroon pigment was applied.

but its kind of a myth too
That too.
There are birds in South America that lay some unusually colored eggs. I think I should work on importing them.

chaos did you really just use the word mauve?
I didnt know any that guys knew what mauve was
We know mauve, chartreuse, olive, cerise, fuchsia, magenta, almond, etc.. Because they are colors of fishing lures.

Benny is in Italy correct? What about Joey? @Ur-ur-ur-urrr

@shahtir101 @canadachickens @prizepete @NaJoBeLe @TJChickens

and I can go on for a bit lol
I think he is in Italy. I wish I was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom