INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another good thought.
The dwarfs breed year round, but some like my Saanen only come in in the fall. My buck is nice so I leave him in till the babies get to about eight weeks just in case and pull home till the first of October. I don't want babies too early for the worst cold, but I want them to be down and a few weeks old before everything gets really wet and coccidia or other things can get more prevalent.

So besides an odor is there any other reason to not keep a buck intact?
Accidental breedings,some can get more aggressive when they mature, some will get passive aggressive and pee on you, and some are hard on fences. Some are sweet. You can leave him and change it if those things occur.

So besides an odor is there any other reason to not keep a buck intact?
i'd just be worried about rutting season, and being aggressive toward the kiddos and wife

Accidental breedings,some can get more aggressive when they mature, some will get passive aggressive and pee on you, and some are hard on fences. Some are sweet. You can leave him and change it if those things occur.
if you snip later, wouldnt he keep some of the buck attitude like a late gelded horse?

thumbsup.gif

i'd just be worried about rutting season, and being aggressive toward the kiddos and wife

if you snip later, wouldnt he keep some of the buck attitude like a late gelded horse?
Maybe I'll buy him a deer decoy
gig.gif

Make sure only one stays a buck to avoid fights. A wether with a buck is good company.
That's how it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom