INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been fishing with my grandson a bunch lately......we've been doing pretty good with eating size walleyes.
I was determined to find them and catch them on artifical lures only this summer....and I did....I wish they were bigger but I'm not gonna complain....besides as Autumn rolls in the bigger ones will feed.

Dang I can't wait for the ice to form
thumbsup.gif
Eating size is always good! Enjoy! Grandson's smile says it all.

I'm so happy I get to start my vacation this week! Getting our 2 tier coop finished for our older bantams, getting our chickens reorganized to better suit their needs based on the number of chickens we have of each is going to be the fun part. We have a total of 5 roosters. 1 old English Bantam too, 1 Dom roo, 1 RIR roo, 1 golden sebright roo, and a sebright x BB Red cross roo. Got 2 hens for the dom, no hen for the RIR yet, 5 hens for the old English, 3 hens for the sebright, and 3 for the cross. And my little Leo is coming along great (he/she is a old English). I hate to say I have a favorite chicken, but I do. When you hatch your first egg and it is born on your birthday kinda makes it a tiny bit more special. 10 days old today. Yay!

I'm so happy I get to start my vacation this week! Getting our 2 tier coop finished for our older bantams, getting our chickens reorganized to better suit their needs based on the number of chickens we have of each is going to be the fun part. We have a total of 5 roosters. 1 old English Bantam too, 1 Dom roo, 1 RIR roo, 1 golden sebright roo, and a sebright x BB Red cross roo. Got 2 hens for the dom, no hen for the RIR yet, 5 hens for the old English, 3 hens for the sebright, and 3 for the cross. And my little Leo is coming along great (he/she is a old English). I hate to say I have a favorite chicken, but I do. When you hatch your first egg and it is born on your birthday kinda makes it a tiny bit more special. 10 days old today. Yay!
smile.png
Sounds like you'll be busy! Nothing wrong with having favorite chickens, some will just touch your heart differently.
Enjoy your vacation!

:thumbsup  Eating size is always good! Enjoy! Grandson's smile says it all.

Yeah he was pretty happy....he's staying with us til next week.
My son is a very career driven and doesn't fish so Mason comes up her for about a month every summer to fish and that kind of stuff.....my son asked if we would teach him to ride a bicycle..
We pretty much have that done....my son does a lot of sport stuff with him....which I'm not into...so he comes here for the "up north" stuff.

Last edited:
:)  Sounds like you'll be busy! Nothing wrong with having favorite chickens, some will just touch your heart differently.
  Enjoy your vacation!
still gonna build another coop after that. Trying to make sure we keep all our hatches and even out the hatches so our roos don't get too overwhelmed with hens. So far it's balanced out nicely, but you never know what will hatch out next.

Yeah he was pretty happy....he's staying with us til next week.
My son is a very career driven and doesn't fish so Mason comes up her for about a month every summer to fish and that kind of stuff.....my son asked if we would teach him to ride a bicycle..
We pretty much have that done....my son does a lot of sport stuff with him....which I'm not into...so he comes here for the "up north" stuff.
Wow, sounds like he's got his male role model bases covered! Believe me, he will never forget these summers with you and hopefully pass on his love of fishing to his kids & grandkids.
Hope he loves cycling, too!

still gonna build another coop after that. Trying to make sure we keep all our hatches and even out the hatches so our roos don't get too overwhelmed with hens. So far it's balanced out nicely, but you never know what will hatch out next.
Wouldn't worry about that! Each roo can care for a lot of hens. Sometimes, the hens can be overwhelmed by too much attention. Hens can even do fine without a roo.
Sounds like you are quite observant of your flock, so you should notice if numbers need to be readjusted. You're off to a good start on your adventure!

Last edited:
  Wouldn't worry about that!  Each roo can care for a lot of hens. Sometimes, the hens can be overwhelmed by too much attention. Hens can even do fine without a roo.
   Sounds like you are quite observant of your flock, so you should notice if numbers need to be readjusted. You're off to a good start on your adventure!
thank you for your words of encouragement! Hard to believe we have only been doing this for a year and just started incubating a few months ago. Our flock is growing so fast! (Except for our lonely duck, she needs a friend)

Update for anyone up at this insane hour: I'm fairly sure I counted 6 chicks in there!!

Well, it could have been 6 voles for all I know. I was mostly asleep. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom