INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I gave the hen some eggs tonight. Shot them right back at me and did not move off the nest. So I laid them in front of her. Will go back later tonight to see if she took them.

:fl  
I'm praying for them so they aren't prey.
If you build it, they will come.
Where do you live?

I'm in the middle of nowhere in Alabama... I have lost 8 chickens total in the last 3 years, all to Hawks except one that a wild dog got after swimming across pond.

Well I gave the hen some eggs tonight. Shot them right back at me and did not move off the nest. So I laid them in front of her. Will go back later tonight to see if she took them.
fl.gif

I stopped at the gas station today and while I was pumping gas the craziest thing happened. A mama duck and 9 babies walked right up to me! If I thought I could have caught them they would be in my pond right now. Took me and another person but we finally got them out of the parking lot and to the area I think she came from. The ducklings couldn't have been more than 3-5 days old. They were soooooo cute!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of nowhere in Alabama... I have lost 8 chickens total in the last 3 years, all to Hawks except one that a wild dog got after swimming across pond.

Now that you have a Meat Loaf song going through my head...
Four years, no attacks. One night, five dead. It may never happen again. But I can't stop worrying. I will feel better when I finally get the run redone.

Hope she takes them!

Me too. She was not happy with me and caused quite a ruckus to where the rooster was getting riled. Even through all that she did not leave the nest. I really expected her to when all heck broke loose. I'm not even sure the eggs are in one piece still. Find out in about half hour. Man it gets dark early already.

Thanks. How's the dove egg? What do you need to raise it if it does hatch

The egg is fine. I didn't pay attention to when they (both parents take turns sitting) began sitting. I know it is due anytime this week. ChickenCanoe is pushing for me to hand raise it! LOL! In that case, I gather I would need squab food. I didn't get too into the diet since I have no intention of interfering with the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom