INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that y'all asked, but I'm sharing anyway. It's also gluten free!

Camping's red beans and rice

2 packs andouille sausage (any smoked sausage works)
3 cans of light red kidney beans
1 can of mild rotel

Season to taste (I used six pepper, dehydrated onion flakes, paprika, coarse salt, and parsley). I added two packs of sodium-free chicken bouillon mixed with two cups of water, then added enough water to almost cover everything. Cook on high for 6 hours.

30 minutes before serving I added two cups of dry rice. Served with green salad.
big_smile.png

I don't usually use the rotel, but it was really good! Mushrooms would be good in it too, or corn and black beans. It wasn't like traditional red beans and rice, but I think I'll make it like this from now on.

Did the kiddos like it?

Not that y'all asked, but I'm sharing anyway. It's also gluten free!

Camping's red beans and rice

2 packs andouille sausage (any smoked sausage works)

3 cans of light red kidney beans

1 can of mild rotel

Season to taste (I used six pepper, dehydrated onion flakes, paprika, coarse salt, and parsley). I added two packs of sodium-free chicken bouillon mixed with two cups of water, then added enough water to almost cover everything. Cook on high for 6 hours.

30 minutes before serving I added two cups of dry rice. Served with green salad. :D

I don't usually use the rotel, but it was really good! Mushrooms would be good in it too, or corn and black beans. It wasn't like traditional red beans and rice, but I think I'll make it like this from now on.

Did the kiddos like it?

One did. One is picky about foods that touch.

Quote: When a friend's did it it was because the hen had capillary worms and coccidiosis, was dehydrated, hypothermic and probably hypoglycemic.With mine it's hard to know since I treated for worms, coccidia, bacterial infections, blackhead, dehydration, hypothermia and hypoglycemia.

-Kathy

@silverhair we also use a solar setup from harbor freight. It works oot pretty good just to power something small. We just use a small strip of led lights in the coop, usualy during the winter to keep the lights on a little longer once the sun goes down. We only have one set of panels so far. More are needed to keep a good charge of you're going to be running something bigger or for longer periods of time.

@daxigait , there are some tips on stabilizing a sick bird here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mergency-and-supportive-care-updated-9-7-2016

I'm still working on it, so it's a little disorganized.

Sadly, most people just want a magic pill and don't understand that so much more needs to be done. For example, many antibiotics can be very hard on the kidneys, so one needs to make sure they keep the bird properly hydrated, which means at the very least, giving fluids orally.

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom