INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin LIZZZZZZZZ

387819_762x762.jpg

Mornin beautiful!
frow.gif

Quote: not yet I prefer email so everything is already noted
hide.gif
and saved Mornin how are you this lovely day?
hugs.gif
hope yer feeling better than yesterday!

Yes, better than yesterday so far, thanks for asking.
hugs.gif

of course silly!! Now easy on the hot wings!!!
I'll need to check the freezer, I might be out of wings.

Quote:

Sally, Banti, and I plan to host.

I'm glad she's doing so well; I sure didn't expect it. Is she one of your better hens?
Tucker has settled down considerably, He comes within several inches of me now, showing no aggression at all. I still don't trust him (never will, fully), and keep an eye on him whenever we're in close proximity, but so far so good. I'm sure glad I didn't take him out when he was acting up; probably would have if he wasn't so danged good-looking!

His 1st crop of young one are 4 months old now, and some of them are as large, or almost as large, anyway, as my smallest layer. Two of them, white ones, are so tall they look like they're on stilts. There are 4 of them that roost all night on a large branch I stuck through the chain link sides of the run, 'cause there's one hen that won't let them into the coop. I used to lock them in a wire dog crate under the coop, but I was afraid a 'coon might get to them through the wire of the crate, so I left them on their elevated perch, about 4' off the ground, and its worked out fine so far. At least one of them has started to crow; haven't been able to tell which one yet. They were hatched during the 1st week of May. I figure they should start laying next month, maybe.

One of them is starting to look like a carbon copy of Tucker, even down to the bronze neck feathers. Don't know yet whether it's a pullet or cockerel, but it's going to be interesting seeing what it looks like as a mature bird. Would a hen have the bronze neck feathers, or are they always solid black? I've been able to stroke the 4 "perchers", even pick them up, so we'll see if they stay as tame as Tucker was.

The 2nd crop hatched out on July 2nd,growing like so many weeds..

She's only maybe 9 weeks old now so I'm not sure how good of a hen she'll be but she is one of the few welbar pullets that I actualy have and just got this year so I really want her to pull through.

I'm really glad Tucker had calmed down for you. I really think he just needed to get to know you for a while. His good looks literally saved his life lol.

In true BCM pullets, they will have some copper on the hackles but nowhere near as much as a cockerel would. BUT, since yours are mixed, who knows what all genetics are at play there. I'd love to see some pictures of all of them sometime :)

Mornin beautiful!
frow.gif

Quote: not yet I prefer email so everything is already noted
hide.gif
and saved Mornin how are you this lovely day?
hugs.gif
hope yer feeling better than yesterday!

Yes, better than yesterday so far, thanks for asking.
hugs.gif

of course silly!! Now easy on the hot wings!!!
I'll need to check the freezer, I might be out of wings.

Quote:

Sally, Banti, and I plan to host.
bun.gif
we need to start working on it too! maybe your belly says chill on the wings a day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom