INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can complain..... Like I said I love winter... But after a while it drags on too.
nahhh, not much to complain about when its gorgeous out
did you get your duck walking?
fl.gif

Anyone have an idea what this is? Some one was processing chickens and these bees/wasps were attacking anything with blood on it. (about 2/3 down the pic in center, on green leaf)

Not sure, but it looks like it may be what's known here as an English Hornet. If it's the same one we have here, be careful. I see them frequently. I've never been stung by one, but I understand they pack a real wallop. Looks like a Yellow Jacket on steroids.

Not sure, but it looks like it may be what's known here as an English Hornet. If it's the same one we have here, be careful. I see them frequently. I've never been stung by one, but I understand they pack a real wallop. Looks like a Yellow Jacket on steroids.
There is one type of hornet in the US the European or Brown Hornet, most other insects in the US that look like hornets are usually different types of wasps, the biggest difference being size. Hornets are usually 1-1.5" long and wasps are generally1" long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom