INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hugs.gif
so sorry
Thank you
hugs.gif
I just wish there was something we came across that might indicate what happened. From what we could tell, nothing looked "abnormal" (she is excellent but neither of us are professionals and our chicken vet friend is in Greece). He really was a cool bird-RIP Stan!!!

Well guys bad news.. My Serama roo Stan did not look good to me so I called my breeder friend (who also happens to be a nurse) and rushed him over to her house to brainstorm. He did not make it. I stopped to get gas and looked in the box.. He was gone
hit.gif

I did however participate in my first poultry necropsy as the "photographer". I don't have any pics but they are posted on the poultry necropsy facebook page by her. So far no real answers. All my other birds are ok. I'm just bummed because I was working with him on the table days ago and he was doing great!!! So I won't get to show him as planned on 10/8 and his girlfriend is so sad by herself as am i..... Heartbreaking when you lose a pet...
hugs.gif
So sorry. Sounds like Stan had a great life with you. Hope you can find a friend for his gal.

Thank you
hugs.gif
I just wish there was something we came across that might indicate what happened. From what we could tell, nothing looked "abnormal" (she is excellent but neither of us are professionals and our chicken vet friend is in Greece). He really was a cool bird-RIP Stan!!!
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Sometimes, I think chickens just die, too. I mean, if you think of people, even star athletes randomly get heart attacks and just die with no warning... so if you can't find a reason that puts the rest of your flock at risk, I would at least take that as a good sign.

You gave him a good home and you'll miss him. He sounds like he had a good life with you. I'm really sorry you lost him.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Sometimes, I think chickens just die, too. I mean, if you think of people, even star athletes randomly get heart attacks and just die with no warning... so if you can't find a reason that puts the rest of your flock at risk, I would at least take that as a good sign.

You gave him a good home and you'll miss him. He sounds like he had a good life with you. I'm really sorry you lost him.

I agree. Had a very nice hen alive one hour dead the next. No wounds nothing.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I think my breeder I was surprised I asked to open him up instead of bury him. I wanted to protect the rest of my flock and learn from his untimely death. You can't do that with a dead body in the ground. Yes I'm sad and will miss him. But this is my second bird to die. the first was her showbird that she wanted to mate with my malaysian serama Barry. But she went quick-within an hour. Our vet was home-she sent him pics-thinks and egg burst and she went septic quick or a GI perf. It was green inside her. Nothing like that with this guy and no respiratory signs either. I think it's the black cloud disease thats been hanging over my head for the past month or so. But I always remember that after the storm comes the rainbow and good things happen to good people. Just going through a funk....

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I think my breeder I was surprised I asked to open him up instead of bury him. I wanted to protect the rest of my flock and learn from his untimely death. You can't do that with a dead body in the ground. Yes I'm sad and will miss him. But this is my second bird to die. the first was her showbird that she wanted to mate with my malaysian serama Barry. But she went quick-within an hour. Our vet was home-she sent him pics-thinks and egg burst and she went septic quick or a GI perf. It was green inside her. Nothing like that with this guy and no respiratory signs either. I think it's the black cloud disease thats been hanging over my head for the past month or so. But I always remember that after the storm comes the rainbow and good things happen to good people. Just going through a funk....
Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your flock.

Well guys bad news.. My Serama roo Stan did not look good to me so I called my breeder friend (who also happens to be a nurse) and rushed him over to her house to brainstorm. He did not make it. I stopped to get gas and looked in the box.. He was gone
hit.gif

I did however participate in my first poultry necropsy as the "photographer". I don't have any pics but they are posted on the poultry necropsy facebook page by her. So far no real answers. All my other birds are ok. I'm just bummed because I was working with him on the table days ago and he was doing great!!! So I won't get to show him as planned on 10/8 and his girlfriend is so sad by herself as am i..... Heartbreaking when you lose a pet...
Strange how a bird, any bird of any species, can seem perfectly healthy one day and gone a couple days later for seemingly no reason at all. Sorry you had to lose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom