INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AlilSassy had the BCM toe issue.

It passed away. Just 2 left now.

Last edited:
Thank you
hugs.gif
I just wish there was something we came across that might indicate what happened. From what we could tell, nothing looked "abnormal" (she is excellent but neither of us are professionals and our chicken vet friend is in Greece). He really was a cool bird-RIP Stan!!!
Lab work is the only way to know for sure.

Here is your state lab for a necropsy.

Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health
Michigan State University
4125 Beaumont Rd, Ste 201H
Lansing, Michigan 48910-8103
Phone: 517-353-1683
IAV-A, CSF, CWD*, ND, FMD, IAV-

Hi Phil. Breathing better? I've been busy working around the place

I'm ever so slowly getting better... And it's not in a straight line either.... Seems I get better then a little worse then better..... But it's trending better. I was able to go hunting today so that was a plus.
Good night everyone :frow Sleep well!!!!

Good night.....

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Sometimes, I think chickens just die, too. I mean, if you think of people, even star athletes randomly get heart attacks and just die with no warning... so if you can't find a reason that puts the rest of your flock at risk, I would at least take that as a good sign.

You gave him a good home and you'll miss him. He sounds like he had a good life with you. I'm really sorry you lost him.
They do just die. It is said that if dogs died at the rate of chickens, most people wouldn't keep dogs.
I've had chickens die from cancer, heart attacks and fatty liver syndrome. All confirmed by necropsy.

Strange how a bird, any bird of any species, can seem perfectly healthy one day and gone a couple days later for seemingly no reason at all. Sorry you had to lose him.
That's because they're experts at hiding illness. If they seem sick, they know their flock members may kill them for the well being of the flock.

Well Whites I'm hoping the upper respiratory thing goes away so I can go out trolling walleyes this week.
That sounds great. It has been a while since I've trolled Lake of the Ozarks for Largemouth, Smallies and Walleye. I'm overdue.

It could have all ended in 1997....but God got me here.....
Charge on.

Does anyone know of any thing that would work for a good nesting box liners perferably rubber.
I and my hens like excelsior nest pads.
Plastic nest pads are washable.
There are several sources for both so I'm not recommending any one single source. Just google it.
https://americanexcelsior.com/wood-fibers/applications/excelsior-poultry-pads/
http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/kuhl-plastic-nest-pads.html

I'm ever so slowly getting better... And it's not in a straight line either.... Seems I get better then a little worse then better..... But it's trending better. I was able to go hunting today so that was a plus.
Good night.....

Bonus!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom