INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be different because we have so many persistent predators. I would rather have chickens in a tree all winter if there was no predator threat. Chickens can survive a night in a tree in winter but not a raccoon or owl attack at night.

I am probably naive. My dogs have killed a couple foxes and moles. The only crazy thing I have seen on my 'trail" cam is one time there was something that looked VERY much like a panther. A HUGE black cat - like not a house cat - but a BIG wild cat. Freaked me out. I only saw it the one time about two years ago. I haven't seen any foxes in about 3 years. My goose makes a good "watch dog", at night if he starts honking I go out to investigate. If the dogs are barking and the goose is honking, I know something is for real out there. I also had the power company install a big street light about 15 feet from my chicken coop, so it is lit up really well at night.

What's a clover? I never did 4-H. We had a farm but I grew up in the city where 4-H didn't happen.
Clover is for kids 3-7, they have to be 3rd grade age 8, to do 4h as an older kid.

She can do rabbits, pgymies or chickens as a clover.

The older kids can do all of that, plus cows, pigs, and bigger livestock.

I posted on the hatchalong thread... but I am down half my silkie eggs now. 2 are infertile. 2 had blood rings, and I think one more might have the start of a blood ring. However, it COULD just be veins, so i'll give it a couple more days before I remove it to make sure. I'm giving the "infertile" eggs a couple more days, just to be sure, too.

So, 3/8 eggs are developing appropriately. I'm hoping they make it to lock down and all 3 hatch. I'm gonna be kinda bummed if they all die and I have to start over. :( 
:fl.

I am probably naive. My dogs have killed a couple foxes and moles. The only crazy thing I have seen on my 'trail" cam is one time there was something that looked VERY much like a panther. A HUGE black cat - like not a house cat - but a BIG wild cat. Freaked me out. I only saw it the one time about two years ago. I haven't seen any foxes in about 3 years. My goose makes a good "watch dog", at night if he starts honking I go out to investigate. If the dogs are barking and the goose is honking, I know something is for real out there. I also had the power company install a big street light about 15 feet from my chicken coop, so it is lit up really well at night.
That's awesome. We are teaching our great pyr's to love our birds. They'll get to be outside with them at night once they are trained/trustworthy. So far, they respect the chickens, although they like to push our goats around a little bit.

I don't have the money to do the duration justice but we are going skiing in February and we all need to save for that trip.

Ask the store to carry it or you'll take your business elsewhere.
Happy Anniversary.

Unfortunately I don't have very many options in regards to places to take my business.

Don't worry about the fancy gift if you find that special way to let her know you care that is worth its weight in gold.
Congratulations
ya.gif
Thanks for that. I'm planning a nice dinner. I hope it can get it all done in time along with chores. I still need to hit some places for food. If the grocery store doesn't have what I need, I'll need to go to the fish market, Asian market and produce market.
Since she usually cooks dinner, I think she'll be surprised since she probably doesn't know I remembered.

Where are you located?
Everything is stealthy around here and I don't have other animals to protect them.

Clover is for kids 3-7, they have to be 3rd grade age 8, to do 4h as an older kid.

She can do rabbits, pgymies or chickens as a clover.

The older kids can do all of that, plus cows, pigs, and bigger livestock.
Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary.

Unfortunately I don't have very many options in regards to places to take my business.
Do they have to know that?

I walked into Southern States & asked them what they had that was comparable to Purina All Flock. They came up with Flock Balancer 20% Booster

I don't trust any feed store employee for nutrition information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom