INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got up to do laundry. BOTH kids woke up this time. And I was so quiet! I didn't even turn lights on.
barnie.gif
Bubba had peed the bed so now we're all on the sofa.
hmm.png

Have you considered doing laundry at a different time?
lol.png

Got up to do laundry. BOTH kids woke up this time. And I was so quiet! I didn't even turn lights on. :barnie Bubba had peed the bed so now we're all on the sofa. :/

Have you considered doing laundry at a different time? :lol:

LOL maybe that's the answer. When I don't get up for laundry I have a tendency to snooze too much and then we're late. :oops:

You, chaos?

I'm alright. Been up and at 'em since 5.

That's when you start work or when you get up? I was right behind you, around 5:15.

Good morning everyone!

-Kathy

Morning Kathy! Are you a person or an other?

How'd that work out for you?

They developed perfectly. I'm running between 40-55% humidity for my silkies. The 2 eggs that stayed viable are developing perfectly, I candled them last night at day 14. Almost completely filled up in the egg, and constant movement, it was really neat to see them bouncing around in there wiggling.

Where they banty cochins? Higher humidty is great for smaller eggs, like silkies and banties, because they lose too much weight otherwise. Mine are giant cochin eggs from my own flock, and I've hatched lots of them. Even with the low humidity they didn't lose enough weight and the AC are still smallish. That is my concern.

I threw them in with the ducks for funsies. I'm meeting the needs of the duck eggs, first and foremost. Any chicken eggs that survived the journey are just lagniappe.

I've got an issue in one of the chicken eggs. It looks like it's only 3/4 full and today is day 19. The empty part is about an inch wide and goes from aircell to the point of the egg. I've never seen anything like it.

Local egg, from a girl across the highway. I was suspecting flock health/nutrition as a culprit already. Set upright and tilted several times a day, because that's what I was doing for everyone else. Embryo is still kicking. The other one looks great. The cochins have extra thick shells I guess and still look like day 14 AC. I've been running about 25% humidity except for those two days it was 30-45%. Temp has been steadyish, 101.5-102 except for that big 105.6 spike and a couple 103s.

Also, I'm not convinced the cam is right on the duck eggs. Looks awfully empty down there. They are also day 19.
not much you can do but wait it out. I hope you get a few duckies

Good morning everyone!

-Kathy
Morning Kathy

LOL maybe that's the answer. When I don't get up for laundry I have a tendency to snooze too much and then we're late.
hide.gif

That's when you start work or when you get up? I was right behind you, around 5:15.
Maybe just get up and enjoy the quiet and coffee.
That's when I wake up. Usually start work about 6:30.

Got up to do laundry. BOTH kids woke up this time. And I was so quiet! I didn't even turn lights on. :barnie Bubba had peed the bed so now we're all on the sofa. :/

Have you considered doing laundry at a different time? :lol:

LOL maybe that's the answer. When I don't get up for laundry I have a tendency to snooze too much and then we're late. :oops:

You, chaos?

I'm alright. Been up and at 'em since 5.

Good morning everyone!

-Kathy

Hi there! ??? Not sure what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom