INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever make straight patchouli?
love.gif
No, only because patchouli is very expensive to get here. I used to do patchouli and bergamot, but I find patchouli rose to be easier to get.

Thanks all for your insightful comments re home school. Figured this thread was a great place to learn about the pros of home schooling and it certainly works for you guys!!

Personally I would have loved to home school my kids but know the public schools did a far better job than I ever could have (and I teach medical students). My kids all loved school. The girls are at their dream colleges and my 17 yo autistic son is graduating high school this year and going to college. I could NEVER have got them this far on my own, especially my son who thanks to years of a public educational tailored to his needs now has a bright and pretty normal future. Not something I could have even imagined 10 years ago.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

i meant to quote your other post, i am thinking of doing a combo if i can muster up the time
but thats the problem -i work too much to be of any use teaching my daughter

I taught my kids to read before they went to kindergarten. 2 of them were 4yo when they started. It was fun for us and put them way ahead in school. This meant they always loved going to school because they were successful from the start. It was probably one of the best things I did for them.

Even my son who could not talk at all (as in converse) could read. He used the phrases from the books as his "conversation".

Last edited:
I taught my kids to read before they went to kindergarten. It was fun for us and put them way ahead in school. This meant they always loved going to school because they were successful from the start. It was probably one of the best things I did for them.
I learned to read when I was three years old. I was reading without needing to finger-track by the age of five. Growing up in Texas, the teachers didn't believe I was actually reading until they gave me a book I'd never seen or read before and I read it back perfectly to them. XD

I agree that teaching children to read before attending school is one of the best things you can do for a child. Since homeschooling is something that is very difficult to do in Belgium, my husband and I decided we're going to do partial schooling on their half-day so they can pursue subjects that interest them.

(Wednesdays are half school days in Belgium. The Belgians believe it's more beneficial for children to have time to play and often they don't give homework either; I say to turn playing into learning by engaging their minds in things they're interested in.)

Thank y'all kindly! I just got the order confirmation and I'll be sending them out Monday when the Husband and I have time off. I've been catching up with the bills so sorry for not responding sooner.

You should be sorry. Don't you know how precious my time is? Why hasn't my order arrived yet?! It's been a whole two hours (or is it three?)! You are fired!!!
:lol: I'm surprised you've been here. You have been gone for soooooo long! You've been missed!

I taught my kids to read before they went to kindergarten. 2 of them were 4yo when they started. It was fun for us and put them way ahead in school. This meant they always loved going to school because they were successful from the start. It was probably one of the best things I did for them.

Even my son who could not talk at all (as in converse) could read. He used the phrases from the books as his "conversation".
thats great, and kinda what i am hoping to do for my daughter, she will be 5 in Dec, so will go to Kindergarten next year and be one of the oldest kids in the class

I learned to read when I was three years old. I was reading without needing to finger-track by the age of five. Growing up in Texas, the teachers didn't believe I was actually reading until they gave me a book I'd never seen or read before and I read it back perfectly to them. XD

I agree that teaching children to read before attending school is one of the best things you can do for a child. Since homeschooling is something that is very difficult to do in Belgium, my husband and I decided we're going to do partial schooling on their half-day so they can pursue subjects that interest them.

(Wednesdays are half school days in Belgium. The Belgians believe it's more beneficial for children to have time to play and often they don't give homework either; I say to turn playing into learning by engaging their minds in things they're interested in.)
we still have 1/2 day kindergarten here, so i am hoping to do something similar

What is your color for your horse?

Miss Trixie is a Chestnut, my daughter likes her in purple (her halter is purple and silver)
just let me know how much i owe you if you make me one
i loved the one you posted a picture of awhile ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom