INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, Houdini is already walking around, as if he hasn't been having any issues. Still sits with a knee or whatever out to the side though. Hmm. I should do the sock thing again over night.

I just wanted to update this... at 6 days old now, and hes walkin normal. The leg has pulled in on its own :) I know that is probably not normal, but he was too squirmy and I felt like I was stressing him out, so just thought he might have a slightly turned leg, which wasn't slowing him down. Noticed today when I got home from work he was running around and leg is straight :) I just thought that was pretty cool. Have a good night everyone :)

I just wanted to update this... at 6 days old now, and hes walkin normal. The leg has pulled in on its own :) I know that is probably not normal, but he was too squirmy and I felt like I was stressing him out, so just thought he might have a slightly turned leg, which wasn't slowing him down. Noticed today when I got home from work he was running around and leg is straight :) I just thought that was pretty cool. Have a good night everyone :)

That is cool. And good night. :frow

I need some help. I got serama eggs, and it's day 21. Three have already hatched, and 9 have already pipped, two of which are currenly zipping. I have hatched eggs before, but never serama.

Last night I saw one had pipped on the wrong end, and I figured I'd give it a hour and check up. Thirty minutes late, it started to chirp quietly and a small amount of yolk came from the side. I peeled away part of the shell, leaving the membrane almost completely intact, minus the hole where it was breathing. I dampened the membrane, and when I woke up its beak was gone. I heard it chirping ever so quietly, and I picked the shell until I found its beak, creating a small hole in the membrane.

Later today, it once again has moved, once again with trouble breathing, but this time with its mouth near the air cell. I waited, and after a few hours there was no pip, and I had to peel off some of the shell so it did not suffocate.

I have only hatched once from an incubator, and though I had a malpositioned chick that I helped survive, this has never happened. I love animals, and I really do not want to see it die. She is breathing okay now. I feel like too much shell is gone. Should I put egg piece and a damp paper towel over her? I'm very lost on what to do at this point.

I tried to pull back some shell, as it does not look like she'll be able to hatch on her own, and it had the slightest bit of blood. I dampened the membrane and put her back in. I am worried like crazy, and I don't want to keep opening the incubator. Tips? Thank you in advance.

Read this
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

IMHO I think that now its absorbed all the yolk and blood vessels so you can help it more
And as much as we care and love our animals sometimes they don't make it! Se la vie!
And welcome to BYC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom