INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone!
frow.gif

I need some help. I got serama eggs, and it's day 21. Three have already hatched, and 9 have already pipped, two of which are currenly zipping. I have hatched eggs before, but never serama.

Last night I saw one had pipped on the wrong end, and I figured I'd give it a hour and check up. Thirty minutes late, it started to chirp quietly and a small amount of yolk came from the side. I peeled away part of the shell, leaving the membrane almost completely intact, minus the hole where it was breathing. I dampened the membrane, and when I woke up its beak was gone. I heard it chirping ever so quietly, and I picked the shell until I found its beak, creating a small hole in the membrane.

Later today, it once again has moved, once again with trouble breathing, but this time with its mouth near the air cell. I waited, and after a few hours there was no pip, and I had to peel off some of the shell so it did not suffocate.

I have only hatched once from an incubator, and though I had a malpositioned chick that I helped survive, this has never happened. I love animals, and I really do not want to see it die. She is breathing okay now. I feel like too much shell is gone. Should I put egg piece and a damp paper towel over her? I'm very lost on what to do at this point.

I tried to pull back some shell, as it does not look like she'll be able to hatch on her own, and it had the slightest bit of blood. I dampened the membrane and put her back in. I am worried like crazy, and I don't want to keep opening the incubator. Tips? Thank you in advance.

I hope I see an updated to this little one!! Congrats on your hatch!!

Because of thread issues I could keep up today. Craft fair was alright. I made $37. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
fl.gif

I put photos in granny's thread this morning.

frow.gif

I thought everyone would like a Mira update. Her feathers are starting to grow back in certain spots and she's competely integrated back into the flock. She's such a strong little girl
smile.png

yesss.gif
Well done Jess!!!

Quote:
love.gif
Sweet!!! I love yer turkey pics too!!!

Quote: Tomorrow is the last day and should be better. Booth fee is $60, but it's bestie's booth so she paid. She made $83 today. I only contributed a few things.

sweet!!!!!
I had a tab open for you to copy over here and with this dang inet it got lost on one of my refreshes!!! ughhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom