INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: When I was a young buck a year out of h.s. I took a job with a roofing / sheet metal company, where part of my job was playing "gofer" for the lead man on roof repair jobs.We were working on one of the old Catholic churches in D.C.; three stories out of the ground with a slate roof & built-in copper guttering. Lead man sent me down to the truck for something; I got it and climbed back up, as far as those gutters, and told Mr. Lead Man he could slide down to me & get it, but no way was I about to step off that ladder onto that slate roof; not for no amount of nuthin'. He made fun of me, knowing I was spooked, but I didn't much care. Slate roofs are nice, until a shingle breaks or otherwise comes loose; at which point anyone stepping on it is subject to taking an unexpected trip to the dirt. If a bad slate isn't visibly broken or loose, you might not know it's bad 'til you step on it. Safety harnesses weren't required back then, and most guys didn't bother with them. Nothing to hold on to up there, and nothing to stop you if you lose your footing, except the Great Spirit.

frow.gif
caf.gif
Good morning everybody. i'll try and pop in throughout the day. Teaching all day until about 2. I just dont feel like moving from this couch. So glad I see the surgeon in less than a week now. The wrist is really starting to ache. I'm getting old!!!
frow.gif
Hiya, Mel
I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope the Doc can fix your boo-boo & make the pain go away.
We're all getting old, but it sure beats the alternative.
Hang in there a while longer; help is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom