INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto what Sally said.

Sally, remind me to tell you about two of my peachicks this year. Scientifically, you might find it interesting. Both died from yolk sac related issues. One had an infection, the other didn't absorb it's yolk and lived for 41 days!

-Kathy

oh wow!  and it lived that long!!!  the poor thing!

Poor little Red. :( interestingly, at just a few days in I knew he wasn't going to make it because his belly wasn't shrinking like the others. He also didn't grow a fast as the others. Have some excellent necropsy pictures of him.

-Kathy

chick is still alive---i saw her drinking gatorade twice, no yolk sack dragging around now, chick is walking a bit (im trying to restrict this).

FOUR new external pips (some are just breaking a tiny bit, not actually out breathing air as far as I can tell yet), and two external pips that have been there awhile. The chicks dont seem to be unzipping yet, I'm watching but not doin anything yet. I can see that is one of them, the membrane is yellowing from air exposusure, but he is breathing air so i'm going to let him chill and see if he can unzip, if he is still in there in the morning, I will assist. WHAT DO YALL THINK ABOUT THIS PLAN? (caps so yall will notice it)

;)

So if ALL hatch and all but the one survive, I should have 9 chicks out of 24 eggs, hoping that since i have new pips, I'll have new pips all night. Maybe the eggs got up to 102 but didnt get hot enough to kill them, since I have at least one third trying to hatch so far...

I am here, not a man but you dont need support, so back to trying to update the notes of this thread
gig.gif
I will be keepin eye on you till I am done....... cause when I am in 100 posts at a shot I cant chat

I'll show them to you first, 'cause they are pretty graphic.

-Kathy
thumbsup.gif

chick is still alive---i saw her drinking gatorade twice, no yolk sack dragging around now, chick is walking a bit (im trying to restrict this).

FOUR new external pips (some are just breaking a tiny bit, not actually out breathing air as far as I can tell yet), and two external pips that have been there awhile. The chicks dont seem to be unzipping yet, I'm watching but not doin anything yet. I can see that is one of them, the membrane is yellowing from air exposusure, but he is breathing air so i'm going to let him chill and see if he can unzip, if he is still in there in the morning, I will assist. WHAT DO YALL THINK ABOUT THIS PLAN? (caps so yall will notice it)

;)

So if ALL hatch and all but the one survive, I should have 9 chicks out of 24 eggs, hoping that since i have new pips, I'll have new pips all night. Maybe the eggs got up to 102 but didnt get hot enough to kill them, since I have at least one third trying to hatch so far...
he externally pipped at 11 am right? I say let him go, thats normal timing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom