INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The model for this smiely?
duc.gif

And then what is poor Sally?
It needs a stronger plate...
celebrate.gif

As for Sally... founder of this thread. It's her duty and obligation to run it...
tongue2.gif

When Gator was young, maybe a year or two old, he was sniffing around my dad's boot while we were standing around talking. So dad gave him a little nudge with his boot and told him to go on. Next thing I know, Gator is back and pissing on his boots. Funniest gd'ed thing I ever saw. Didn't think Gator was gonna make it out of the shop alive but luckily he's fast. LMAO
lau.gif

The two I got for Christmas are made by Acurite. They're a thermo/hygro combo unit.
Miss Sally:hugs I'm assuming they are calibrated as there are no instructions on how to calibrate them.
A simple method without specialized instruments and knowledge is to compare your thermometer/hygrometer with other devices. HOWEVER see post #545
http://www.instructables.com/id/How...-/step4/Calibrate-your-thermometerhygrometer/

http://cmfarm.us/ThermometerCalibration.html

about what
house-you-cant-always-get-what-you-want.gif

Phoebe_stop_the_madness.gif

tumblr_n9bq834rD01tdjuqvo1_500.gif

that chick looks fine, its not near ready
Ok. He is in the bator peeping his head off.
it looked like he might have been trying to zip but his wing joint was in the way, the shell is pretty hard to I tapped a few times to crack it a bit but not remove any of the shell so he has a start so he can free that wing and hopefully his head if he wants to. I re wet his towel and brought the bator back to 80%. Its hard because the windows fill with condensation but the humidity will still drop. He keeps banging his head against his elbow and peeping. Makes me worry about him :/

I have not hatched much. This would be my 4th time but the only time with a single egg and the only one this time of year, which both may be a cause for the humidity problems. He is supposed to be one of two Christmas chicks from my hen and rooster who were attacked by a stray dog, but unfortunately his would have been pall stopped developing at about day 7.

It needs a stronger plate...
celebrate.gif

As for Sally... founder of this thread. It's her duty and obligation to run it...
tongue2.gif
i dont understand

Ok. He is in the bator peeping his head off.
it looked like he might have been trying to zip but his wing joint was in the way, the shell is pretty hard to I tapped a few times to crack it a bit but not remove any of the shell so he has a start so he can free that wing and hopefully his head if he wants to. I re wet his towel and brought the bator back to 80%. Its hard because the windows fill with condensation but the humidity will still drop. He keeps banging his head against his elbow and peeping. Makes me worry about him :/

I have not hatched much. This would be my 4th time but the only time with a single egg and the only one this time of year, which both may be a cause for the humidity problems. He is supposed to be one of two Christmas chicks from my hen and rooster who were attacked by a stray dog, but unfortunately his would have been pall stopped developing at about day 7.
he is fine, let him absorb his yolk and then the blood in the veins will recede. You dont want to get him out and kill him because of his yolk. people panic and kill them all the time by picking at them and not letting them do what they are meant to do. they sit a long time after an external pip before hatching sometimes even over 24 hours after external pip. Sorry about the stray dog doing that, poor things

I'm tryin to come up with a name for my farm, so I can put it on egg box labels. Not getting far at all. :he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom