INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's true...

yeh
So I'll be setting some more

It's funny , "regular"(nonchicken) people don't want blue egg layers?
One customer today told me they get sick at the thought of a blue egg
hu.gif

yeh

One customer today told me they get sick at the thought of a blue egg:confused:

:eek:
Whut!?!???!!!!
I love blue eggs! :th
Make the egg basket so cheery. :love

Well, that's true...

yeh

One customer today told me they get sick at the thought of a blue egg:confused:

Did you see my eggs today? I showed them at granny's house. I got two green ones. :love and of course everyone on facebook was asking about the ham to go with. :lau :/

INCUBATION QUESTION:

I've got the LG styrobator everyone loves to hate. Usually run 50-70%, not bad I guess. But I ALWAYS get a spike of about 103 near the end of the second week and have to adjust the temp. Then it ALWAYS goes cool after most of the chicks are hatched, in the brooder, and I'm just waiting on the stragglers. So I have to turn it back up.

An I crazy for believing this is because the chicks are putting off their own heat?
hey campin! they do put out their own heat yes, as the grow the more heat they put out. did you know you can pick up a day 18 live egg and a 18 dead egg and can actually feel it is cooler from death? take note it sometime. most of us use the lower the temps during hatch, have you seen that in my article?

Did you know that 10/13 day old embryos begin to produce excess heat in the incubator? Most large commercial incubators will spend more time cooling than heating!

Why Measure eggshell temperature?
http://www.aviagen.com/assets/Tech_Center/BB_Resources_Tools/Hatchery_How_Tos/03HowTo3MeasureEggShellTemperature.pdf

Researchers have found that lowering temperatures will prolong incubation,
HOWEVER it is favourable to do so at the end of incubation.
Day 19 & 20 Temp Min 98.0 Max 98.5
Day 21 Temp Min 97 Max 98.0

for more information please refer here:
PAGE 42

http://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guide_english__030374800_0945_07012015.pdf
Quote: Nope. Everyone told me not to. But I haven't hatched in THIS THREAD yet.
wink.png

yet!!
ya.gif

Quote:
roll.png

looks like I will be talking to myself
lau.gif
lau.gif

Sally I think you missed my post about the gun barrel. It basically said that I said (all )parts and that I didn't want to get that naughty.
nope I saw it Billy, I am glad you take care of it so well. trying to keep out of trouble
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom