INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ep.gif

Whut!?!???!!!!
I love blue eggs!
th.gif

Make the egg basket so cheery.
love.gif
I do too!! For a funny story, I work with someone that has a few backyard chickens. They give away ALL the eggs, because her husband is freaked out by eating something their chickens laid. Says it's like eating their children!

Fertile, :lau
Otherwise, cruel joke!

LOL.
My only roos are silkie and sultan, with flaky fertility too. ;)
Don't think you would be interested in half silkie eggs. :lau
I keep on hoping fertility will be up by spring, cuz these guys are slackin! :he

....it helps me wait for sprinvg before hatching though....:oops:

I do too!! For a funny story, I work with someone that has a few backyard chickens. They give away ALL the eggs, because her husband is freaked out by eating something their chickens laid. Says it's like eating their children!

I had a WEIRD customer like that, not in the children aspect though.

"They're just pets and we don't want to eat dirty eggs"

hey campin! they do put out their own heat yes, as the grow the more heat they put out. did you know you can pick up a day 18 live egg and a 18 dead egg and can actually feel it is cooler from death? take note it sometime. most of us use the lower the temps during hatch, have you seen that in my article? [COLOR=003366] [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Did you know that 10/13 day old embryos begin to produce excess heat in the incubator? Most large commercial incubators will spend more time cooling than heating![/COLOR]

Why Measure eggshell temperature?
[COLOR=005CB1]http://www.aviagen.com/assets/Tech_...ow_Tos/03HowTo3MeasureEggShellTemperature.pdf
[/COLOR]

Researchers have found that lowering temperatures will prolong incubation,
HOWEVER it is favourable to do so at the end of incubation.
[COLOR=FF0000]Day 19 & 20 Temp Min 98.0 Max 98.5[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000]Day 21 Temp Min 97 Max 98.0[/COLOR]
for more information please refer here: PAGE 42
yet!! :ya :rolleyes: :lau nope I saw it Billy, I am glad you take care of it so well. trying to keep out of trouble :lau
You trying to keep outta trouble or me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom