INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just set more of the silkie eggs. And she gave me one larger brown egg. Not sure what that is..lol will have to ask, she was on her way out of the state when I went to get them..not back yet.
Anyway, set them the 30th..so due the 20th..right on my birthday. Although, had a few hatch early last time, and one on through to the due date.

Sally, it's so good to have you back. Mostly because we know that you are doing better! Love me a crazy chicken lady!

I would love to see you do more than lurk, I love reading your posts Ken! I wish I could have stuck around on the other thread but, well um, you know
lau.gif
let just say, the HAL kept me busy
Well, your HAL is over now; you know you're always welcome to jump in there whenever the spirit moves you. Now you'll have me jumping back & forth constantly....gotta love it
smile.png

Yes! I Plan on doing that! I Currently have Splash blue laced red Wyandotte, Barred Rock, white rock, golden buff, RIR.
sweet!!!!! hmmmmm Hey @Cynthia12 isnt there a few that give a pretty pinkish purple like egg?

I suppose a bit of both since my hatch isn't due until Nov 12th. Not exactly a Halloween hatch haha. I can't wait until Wednesday to candle again. Stupid Daylight savings time is going to make me do math to figure out the 504 hours like @ronott1 suggested. They've been in 267 hours so far.
and remember I just set again as well!

I have YET to do the hours thing, I guess I am not that serious of a hatcher
lau.gif
I posted when I set, y'all can figure that out for me eh? I was never too worried about when they will exactly hatch as to why they wouldnt hatch lol
Well, I just set more of the silkie eggs. And she gave me one larger brown egg. Not sure what that is..lol will have to ask, she was on her way out of the state when I went to get them..not back yet.
Anyway, set them the 30th..so due the 20th..right on my birthday. Although, had a few hatch early last time, and one on through to the due date.

Sally, it's so good to have you back. Mostly because we know that you are doing better! Love me a crazy chicken lady!
oh dont ask!! ask later, a surprise egg!!!! and I also Love me a crazy chicken lady!!!
hugs.gif
now I pray you are entering at least that foodie contest!!!
roll.png

Well, your HAL is over now; you know you're always welcome to jump in there whenever the spirit moves you. Now you'll have me jumping back & forth constantly....gotta love it
smile.png

By the looks of your post count, you need to jump more anyways
gig.gif
ya know, meet new people, get around a bit

Following, because @Sally Sunshine has been super helpful in the Halloween HAL.
I swear Sally's middle initial must be "H", for Helpful. I've tapped her brain more than once in the past several months; her experience, along with a few others who frequent this forum, is legendary, and very much appreciated.

I swear Sally's middle initial must be "H", for Helpful. I've tapped her brain more than once in the past several months; her experience, along with a few others who frequent this forum, is legendary, and very much appreciated.

LOL your silly, its actually not H or S for silly its A for Ann as in...... Sally ANNENABELER Sunshine
lau.gif

:frow

Popping in since an empty bator seemed to mysteriously fill up again yesterday, lol...

These are all Call duck eggs so they'll be due on Thanksgiving Day... oops... :gig

frow.gif

Popping in since an empty bator seemed to mysteriously fill up again yesterday, lol...

These are all Call duck eggs so they'll be due on Thanksgiving Day... oops...
gig.gif
sweet!!!
wee.gif
how long will those littles be laying? all winter? That is a ton of call eggies!

I will check back in with y'all later, I have to work on finishing up the livingroom while I feel up to it! and the weather is gorgeous!!

i have cream legbar eggs on the way, not sure how many yet, but as many as i can get. i will probably incubate some barnyard mixes from a friends farm (ive taken to calling them 'brown haven' eggs, ha!. i am using a little giant with a fan and no turner. i can a hydrometer/thermometer to use and the the incubator should be calibrated from my last (poor) hatch. tomorrow the eggs are shipping and i will plug the incubator in then. the temp im going to keep the same 37.5 C but i would like to work with a lower humidity.....my last hatch was between 50-60 % with lockdown being 60-70%, there were also a couple very high spikes when i tried to adjust the humidity up for lockdown. this hatch i want to try 35% throughout and 50-65% on lockdown. i just devised a little 'manual' egg turner for my self that i am hoping will help me keep the humidity even. i thought i could move the cartons from side to side of the lids (like in the first and second picture) and fill the rock filled lids with water to keep the humidity i desire....that way if it goes to high i can remove the lid and replace it with a dry backup

any thoughts on if this will be efficent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom