INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you are definitely NOT borrowing the salt and pepper shakers.
lau.gif
hugs.gif
hit.gif

A few things for new members

SEARCH FEATURES:  the BYC Site and forum, You will get much better results [COLOR=FF0000]using the "advanced" choice located right under the "search" box.)[/COLOR]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/search-and-advanced-search-tutorial

[COLOR=008080]DH , DS , DD, D----- what do all these different D's stand for? HERE[/COLOR]

How many square feet do I need per chicken?                                             
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2132     

How about the code for TOTAL DISASTER?!? Three weeks ago we lost a young (3 month old) lavender Orpington. It was confirmed to be Marek's. We had quarantined them and the breeder assured me she had vaccinated- though I had my suspicions based on a few questions she asked me in reply (I am fully aware the vaccine is not a guarantee, so no need to lecture there- I got that in spades the first go around). After "Laverne" died, we quarantined Shirley, her sister, for about a week. We moved the coop and their yard to the other side of our property and disinfected things the best to our ability. Yesterday I started seeing a couple red flags with Shirley- the girls were picking on her and she was distancing herself...then I'd check back and things were normal... This morning I saw her not be as interested in her greens and say with my coffee to watch...sure enough, she laid down to eat something (red flag), then rocked back on her heels, losing her balance. These were the first signs of the last 36 hours for Laverne. We are taking her to euthanize her- I can see her suffer. So the disaster is... We have all these eggs incubating, GF Biels and Marans coming Feb. 6, which I planned to put straight to the grow out pen with heat (they'll be 3 weeks and hugs from my understanding), and it's next to the coop which we can't move again. How on earth am I to rid (also know that's near impossible) this space from the virus?!? We are vaccinating whatever we hatch and the GF's are coming vaccinated. All my other girls (all hatchery) are perfectly fine. I'm just sick. Please help and send warm hugs... Or vodka.

How about the code for TOTAL DISASTER?!? Three weeks ago we lost a young (3 month old) lavender Orpington. It was confirmed to be Marek's. We had quarantined them and the breeder assured me she had vaccinated- though I had my suspicions based on a few questions she asked me in reply (I am fully aware the vaccine is not a guarantee, so no need to lecture there- I got that in spades the first go around). After "Laverne" died, we quarantined Shirley, her sister, for about a week. We moved the coop and their yard to the other side of our property and disinfected things the best to our ability. Yesterday I started seeing a couple red flags with Shirley- the girls were picking on her and she was distancing herself...then I'd check back and things were normal... This morning I saw her not be as interested in her greens and say with my coffee to watch...sure enough, she laid down to eat something (red flag), then rocked back on her heels, losing her balance. These were the first signs of the last 36 hours for Laverne. We are taking her to euthanize her- I can see her suffer. So the disaster is... We have all these eggs incubating, GF Biels and Marans coming Feb. 6, which I planned to put straight to the grow out pen with heat (they'll be 3 weeks and hugs from my understanding), and it's next to the coop which we can't move again. How on earth am I to rid (also know that's near impossible) this space from the virus?!? We are vaccinating whatever we hatch and the GF's are coming vaccinated. All my other girls (all hatchery) are perfectly fine. I'm just sick. Please help and send warm hugs... Or vodka.

This is a terrible disease I received Mareks from my neighbors Sussex took losing all of them and some of my mixed breeds before it did not bother the birds anymore. After talking with him he confirmed that's what it was and offered to replace birds but by then damage done. He vaccinates now. Terrible to watch feel your pain. I'd send some Vodka but we are using all of ours to make vanilla.

:hugs

I am so sorry that happened to you!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom