INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids today write the same way they speak. To them, it is just casual, everyday conversation.

To them we sound snobby, judgemental, formal, conservative...and worst of all...old fashioned and out of touch with the times. Ah, the good old days! lol

If your RSL's are like mine, you'll be getting large-jumbo double yolkers before long
yesss.gif
That's what I wanted to hear!!! Just thought they were a bit small, but I realize their reproductive systems aren't fully developed... so I was hoping against hope they would produce large or better after awhile. Whew!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have, or have had, black sex links? If so, do their egg size match the RSL's? I ask because if things go according to plan, I'll be getting some RIR in the spring. Since I'll be keeping some of the BR pullets, I may raise a few BSL to add to my laying house.

Nice!!! What is the bottom left? That's a BIG egg!!

I have an EE/backyard mix that just laid her first egg - it's GREEN:

It is a very large egg from one of my production reds. It's all I can do to close the lid on a medium egg carton. I wish all my eggs were that size!!!

y so small
Because first eggs are always small...

I think that a "closest to the camera" egg; they're extremely rare and very costly
One very rare CTTC egg for sale. Buy now for $10,000 or best offer. Serious inquiries only.

The kids today write the same way they speak. To them, it is just casual, everyday conversation.

To them we sound snobby, judgemental, formal, conservative...and worst of all...old fashioned and out of touch with the times. Ah, the good old days! lol
That sounds a little condescending, and frankly... I resemble that remark.
tongue.gif

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you're very much in the minority, but WTG anyway; that's quite an accomplishment.
3000, I don't think there were 3000 kids in my county when I was in grade school.

I resemble that remark also. I am the good old days!

Hi all, probably a thousand posts behind now. Tried to read the thread a few times while I was gone, never seemed to be on long enough to get even kind of current, so I gave up.
gig.gif

yesss.gif
That's what I wanted to hear!!! Just thought they were a bit small, but I realize their reproductive systems aren't fully developed... so I was hoping against hope they would produce large or better after awhile. Whew!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have, or have had, black sex links? If so, do their egg size match the RSL's? I ask because if things go according to plan, I'll be getting some RIR in the spring. Since I'll be keeping some of the BR pullets, I may raise a few BSL to add to my laying house.
No, the RSL's are all I've ever had, except a few BR's several years ago. If you're looking for egg production, you'll be better off with the RSL than the RIR, or so I've read. I hear the RIR roosters tend toward aggressiveness with people. It's not at all uncommon for us to get an egg that prevents closing the top on a large carton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom