INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,I am gonna take a tally.if u want me to set them say set.if not say no set .
That's insane...we've been telling you all along to set them!
somad.gif

the oldest is the twelfth.I got them this morning.
If the oldest was layed on the 12th, it's 9 days old. It's getting a little old, but it's very possible that it'll be okay if it sits another day. You have to let the eggs sit without moving them if you ever expect the air cells to re-attach. Don't you have more eggs coming tomorrow or Saturday? Those will need to sit for a day also, so let the eggs you have sit until the last eggs have been sitting for 24 hours, and then set all of them at the same time. Use egg cartons with the bottom cut out to keep the air cell on top, and don't turn them until day 7 when you candle them. If they look good and the air cells are okay, you can put them in the egg turner at that time. If they look like they are developing but the air cells are still messed up, put them back in the egg cartons.

Last edited:
Quote: KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Hi hatchers! Day 2 of my very first hatching adventure!

I can't believe I haven't touched them yet! They're in a DIY incubator and day 1 had a lot of temp flux and humidity at 16%! The environment in there changed so much with adding the eggs (6 amaraucanas, bought from a local backyarder). But I think I've found a sweet spot.
Look at the sweet redhead!!! OMGGGGG so freaking cute!!!!! welcome!! you found our notes for help on humidity temps calibration etc?

frow.gif
@mamacronk

I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &

Informational Post Links from this entire thread

for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:

ok, I don't want to set the eggs and have babies start developing and not be able to pip internally or and stuff do have three of my blue ee eggs and I also got one bantam egg today
seriously why would you worry about this now? you knew this before you got eggs in the mail knock it off and talk about something else!!! or go read the hatching 101 article for once!
or read these!!

@Sally Sunshine
Just set 5 serama eggs. And I will set more on Saturday
gotcha good luck chicks!

But I don't won't them to die because they won't be able to pip

grrrrrrr seriously CH go whine about something else to mom
Quote: EXACTLY!!!

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Look at the sweet redhead!!! OMGGGGG so freaking cute!!!!! welcome!! you found our notes for help on humidity temps calibration etc? :frow @mamacronk

[COLOR=000000]I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Informational[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Post Links from this entire thread[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=000000]for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:[/COLOR]​

seriously why would you worry about this now? you knew this before you got eggs in the mail knock it off and talk about something else!!! or go read the hatching 101 article for once! or read these!! gotcha good luck chicks! grrrrrrr seriously CH go whine about something else to mom EXACTLY!!!
don't be so mean.lol

INFO on The influence of high altitude on the hatching of chicken eggs.

The main problems facing chicken embryos when incubated at high altitudes are a reduced oxygen supply and dehydration. The first priority when incubating eggs at high altitudes is to ensure that egg weight losses are correct (see Hatchery How To No.1 for recommendations on optimum egg weight loss). Based on the fact that water diffuses through the pores in the eggshell faster at altitude this would mean running a higher incubator humidity set-point. READ MORE :http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/2908/incubating-eggs-at-high-altitudes/

What we know for sure so far at the 5-6k ft altitude with eggs layed as same altitude using an LG forced air incubator is

1: dry method works best but keep both plugs out the whole time but do not let it get below 25% humidity before adding a little bit into one of the channels if i fill 2 channels for lockdown I end up with 80-90% humidity so don't add more than just enough to keep it around 40-45 for lock down

2. you need to stop the egg turned around day 13-14 that helped with all the mal positioned chicks I was getting, was advised by someone else here went from about 75-90% down to 1-2%

This time I am not using the egg turner see if that helps, it has been a lot more stable without the egg turner mohttp://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends

• The Cuticle removal for those big eggs and Duck eggs? post #25379

August 2008

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom