INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A frozen cracked egg candle this was a marans from Blarney
hit.gif
see how well my 3000 lumens does?
lau.gif

@mlmddh the one I was talking about :(
At least you caught it, before too much oozed out.
hugs.gif

"

What were you expecting??????
You don't need to look for problems

The eggs are doing their thing and will grow and hatch if you look after the temp etc.

Messing unnecessarily with the eggs is going to be the thing that reduces the number of baby chicks that hatch for you

Echo....... I agree....... But I'm a dummy and don't know crap about hatching chickens. Tell me again how many nipples a hen has?[/QUOTE]
gig.gif

" u could see a little bitty red ring with veins and the heart by the air cell.but tiny tiny.didn't look right for day three.
"

The eggs are doing their thing and will grow and hatch if you look after the temp etc.

Messing unnecessarily with the eggs is going to be the thing that reduces the number of baby chicks that hatch for you[/quote]yes that's it

" u could see a little bitty red ring with veins and the heart by the air cell.but tiny tiny.didn't look right for day three.
"

Messing unnecessarily with the eggs is going to be the thing that reduces the number of baby chicks that hatch for you[/quote]

Agreed, CH. On day 3 they will all be tiny. Watch your temps and don't candle again until day 7. :highfive:

Honestly, if it was me with shipped eggs, I wouldn't mess with them. Set the temp and humidity and roll to day 18. Up the humidity to 60-65 and go for broke. But that's me.... And that's coming from a guy that bottle feeds baby chicks with goats milk.

Last edited:
Quote:
highfive.gif

Quote:
You do an excellent job of it though. If I get caught reading a long post on this thread or check another I am about 10 posts behind so I don't know how you do it. You need lots of credit for all the effort you put in to all the threads you do!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

highfive.gif
idunno.gif
sometimes i wonder seriously wonder
lau.gif

Quote: you have to remember your cell light or flashlight is most likely LESS POWERFUL than that of those candle images! DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! YOU are calibrated and running fine!

OK, STUPID question - "Day 1" starts 24 hours after setting the eggs, right? (I was pretty sure the answer was yes, but then the Insecurity OCD Monster bit me...)

While I'm caught up (well, sorta - behind again since I've been typing!), I've gotta go again - off to make cheese (monterey jack - got a batch of fresh raw milk, gotta use it while it's super fresh!)

Back later....

- Ant Farm
day one is the first full day!

Quote:
Thanks they have been laying every other day for about 3 weeks
yesss.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif
where is hero and whut have you done with him?
lau.gif

bet she he is gonna be amazing, grow him out!

Quote:
lau.gif

These are the other two:

-Kathy

bantams?
Quote: Try me.
smile.png

lau.gif

Quote:
highfive.gif

Quote:
You do an excellent job of it though. If I get caught reading a long post on this thread or check another I am about 10 posts behind so I don't know how you do it. You need lots of credit for all the effort you put in to all the threads you do!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

highfive.gif
idunno.gif
sometimes i wonder seriously wonder
lau.gif

Quote: you have to remember your cell light or flashlight is most likely LESS POWERFUL than that of those candle images! DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! YOU are calibrated and running fine!

OK, STUPID question - "Day 1" starts 24 hours after setting the eggs, right? (I was pretty sure the answer was yes, but then the Insecurity OCD Monster bit me...)

While I'm caught up (well, sorta - behind again since I've been typing!), I've gotta go again - off to make cheese (monterey jack - got a batch of fresh raw milk, gotta use it while it's super fresh!)

Back later....

- Ant Farm
day one is the first full day!

Quote:
Thanks they have been laying every other day for about 3 weeks
yesss.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif
where is hero and whut have you done with him?
lau.gif

bet she he is gonna be amazing, grow him out!

Quote:
lau.gif

These are the other two:

-Kathy

bantams?
Quote: Try me.
smile.png

lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom